I'm back!

Options
I've been gone from MFP for a few months. I'm in the USAF and was pretty much addicted to MFP until i was sent on a TDY for an unknown ammount of time (ended up being 35 days). Let's just say while i was gone it was rough keeping up with normal (healthy) eating habits and actual exercise (other than walking everywhere) wasn't happening. Then when I returned my step son was visiting us here in Japan for 2 months so the eating still didn't work so well, but the exercise did start back up and i basically maintained instead of gained. Well I am now childless and preparing for a 4 month deployment where I won't have to worry about not being able to exercise and actually being able to eat better because of lack of choices. I'm super pumped to get back into the swing of things again. For those of you just starting MFP... IT'S AMAZING and you can do this! For those of you I haven't spoke with in a while YOU ROCK and i'm so impressed with your progress!!!

Replies

• kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've been gone from MFP for a few months. I'm in the USAF and was pretty much addicted to MFP until i was sent on a TDY for an unknown ammount of time (ended up being 35 days). Let's just say while i was gone it was rough keeping up with normal (healthy) eating habits and actual exercise (other than walking everywhere) wasn't happening. Then when I returned my step son was visiting us here in Japan for 2 months so the eating still didn't work so well, but the exercise did start back up and i basically maintained instead of gained. Well I am now childless and preparing for a 4 month deployment where I won't have to worry about not being able to exercise and actually being able to eat better because of lack of choices. I'm super pumped to get back into the swing of things again. For those of you just starting MFP... IT'S AMAZING and you can do this! For those of you I haven't spoke with in a while YOU ROCK and i'm so impressed with your progress!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    welcome back!!!!! Life throws up a lot of curve balls hon and the only thing we can do is keep on trying and doing our best...sounds like you're on your way!!!

hugs and best wishes to you!!!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi Kimmerlyjo, welcome back! This site IS great! Good luck with getting back on the horse. My husband is SF for the AF. When he goes on deployments he's always telling me about the awesome food he gets to try in all those countries he visits. I have to admit, I'm jealous on one hand--but I can only imagine how hard it must be to be deployed and watching what you eat.

Well keep it up! We'll be rooting for ya!