Replies

• brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    What type of workouts do you like?
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is a great one! All you need is a mat and hand weights (2 - 5 lb depending on your strength). The DVD has 3 levels and each level consists of 3 circuits containing 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs, plus a warm up and cool down. Total time is about 26 minutes. It's a great workout! I love it because it's quick to do, fast paced, and I feel like I've actually accomplished something at the end of it. I'd highly reccommend it to start with. The Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (BFBM) DVD by Jillian is also really good. It's about twice as long and a bit harder, but it is also comprised of circuits, which do not all have to be completed at once. You could begin by doing a few circuits and then work your way up, adding an additional circuit every couple of times you do the workout. It will be good for providing variety.

Hope this helps!
  • LittleVikki
    LittleVikki Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    (Cardio workouts) Just anything looking for something new. I prefer ones that aren't too complex or don't have a lot of strength training in them.
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    hip hop abs is super fun!
  • LittleVikki
    LittleVikki Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is a great one! All you need is a mat and hand weights (2 - 5 lb depending on your strength). The DVD has 3 levels and each level consists of 3 circuits containing 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs, plus a warm up and cool down. Total time is about 26 minutes. It's a great workout! I love it because it's quick to do, fast paced, and I feel like I've actually accomplished something at the end of it. I'd highly reccommend it to start with. The Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism (BFBM) DVD by Jillian is also really good. It's about twice as long and a bit harder, but it is also comprised of circuits, which do not all have to be completed at once. You could begin by doing a few circuits and then work your way up, adding an additional circuit every couple of times you do the workout. It will be good for providing variety.

Hope this helps!

I've got the 30 Day Shred it was great really felt it! Might give the other one a try thanks! :)
  • mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    As a beginner I started using Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I like it because she gives a modifier and it is broken down into weeks. So the first week is not as difficult as the last week. I really like it and have seen some great results.. I also do Zumba...It is great for beginners.. I hope this helps! Also, you are welcome to friend me if you want!! Can always use some encouragement on my end :smile:

Good Luck!
    Michelle
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    any of Leslie Sansone's walk at home dvds would probably be really good! I have her 5 day slim down and that's what i've been using for a while. it's good cardio! the moves are pretty easy to follow. she has a bunch of dvds, too.