Long Car Ride Snacks??

Options
On Saturday I am driving to NC which will be approximately an 11hr drive, not to mention this trip will be at night. Does anyone have any good long car ride snack suggestions?

Replies

• XLMKX
    XLMKX Posts: 86
    Options
    Sounds weird but I take beansprouts, sugar snap peas that kind of thing :)
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes, string cheese, grapes, low cal popcorn, just the first few things that come to mind. Have a safe trip!:smile:
  • monkeyrunner
    Options
    Make your self a trail mix with nuts, dried fruit, pretzels!
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I like the Kashi bars and cereals. They are really low in sodium and there are no preservatives in them.
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    grapes, cut up melon, apples, banana, low fat popcorn, nuts, wraps for when you need a meal, I find if you wrap them in saran and peel it back gradully as you eat it is the least messy car food.
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Trail mix!!! Trail mix is awesome cause you can make your own out of anything you want. I like to put pretzels, some cherios, walnuts, granola, and dark chocolate chips in my. You can also throw in dried fruit, other nuts, your favorite low cal/low sodium crackers... whatever you like!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    omg!! next week i'm driving FROM nc on an 11 hr drive (overnight) & i was just thinking to myself "what kind of healthy snacks can i pack"... this topic is right on time!! thanks!! i got some great ideas :smile:
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Everyday I have to eat without access to a fridge (I'm out of the house from 7:00 am -8:30 pm). I usually have these kinds of snacks. I just fill up my lunchbox (cool I know!) and go!

Almonds
    Sunmaid Dried fruit
    Dark Chocolate
    Peanut butter/Nutella Sandwich
    Cereal
    String Cheese
    No sugar added applesauce
    Greek yogurt
    100 calorie smartpop popcorn
  • daniellejg
    daniellejg Posts: 97
    Options