a topic i see and find kind of useless

Options
FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
many times on here i see the old. song suggestion threads. To me these are kinda asinine. So many people listen to so varied music what most people may suggest perhaps for me personally i would not be caught dead with it on my ipod.
Aswell as most people wouldn't want to listen to 80's hairbands and older heavy metal and clasic rock.

Perhaps a little more specific in those subject lines for example "song suggestions (genre) ?
Otherwise without having any clue of what a person likes most suggestion are unhelpful.

but thats just me

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think the point is people are bored with their current listening option and ask other MFP'ers for suggestions ..they are seeking things they normally wouldnt have chosen..if your seeking a genre specific thread then im sure you can title yours as such but for most that I have seen they are just seeking options from all genres..
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for new music, but not necessarily for my workout playlist (trance suffices for that). Once genre I am big into right now are groups like Thievery Corp, Sofa Surfers, Bang Gang, Beauty's Confusion, etc. Sometimes they are listed as trip hop.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Like this one? :bigsmile:
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    I sort of disagree with you, my reason for wearng my ipod when running is to distract me, the music i recently downloaded, called 'fantastic running songs' is not the sort of music i would lay on the beach listening to, but it is the right temp for my pace. To be honest, it could just as easy be a talking book!!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Or maybe because the question has been asked by every person and their brother, perhaps the poster could just search through the ENDLESS list of topics where that question has already been asked instead of adding to the already ENDLESS topic.
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to only one genre. Why would I limit the suggestions to that? I would just ask outright what gets people motivated, then I'd youtube it, and if I like it, I'd download. I have multiple playlists for running. I use the "senseme" tool and can make a new playlist out of my whole cataloge just by chosing one song, it adds others with the similar BPM and "feeling" (they range on a sad to happy scale)
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options

yep
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options

where did i put my agree button *looks around scratching head*
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Now that's another 5 min. I'll never get back.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Yep, I like to mix up my genres, so I kind of like to see what everyone else is listening to.
  • bigmoondogg
    Options
    The topic is from an individual asking for suggestions to possibly better "their" workouts, not anyone else's. It's not a site generated post, it's someone searching for an alternative. In my opinion, not very asinine.
  • FairyMiss
    Options

YEPPPERS!!!!!!

*******************RAPTOR JESUS IS COMING***************************

************He went extinct for your sins*******************
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    Now that's another 5 min. I'll never get back.
    MMMWWWWHHHHAAAAAAA
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Dude, totally agree.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I opened this out of curiosity but I never open the music ones. They make me feel old and out of touch when I don't know the bands etc. Lol...and I know what I like and what I don't. I have a notepad fxn on my phone where I. Note songs when I hear them and thing...ooo that would be fun to run to...hence just added mc hammer to my playlist...lol..

I just don't open threads that might annoy me...
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    I opened this out of curiosity but I never open the music ones. They make me feel old and out of touch when I don't know the bands etc. Lol...and I know what I like and what I don't. I have a notepad fxn on my phone where I. Note songs when I hear them and thing...ooo that would be fun to run to...hence just added mc hammer to my playlist...lol..

I just don't open threads that might annoy me...

i am confused , did I or did I not annoy you
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Who cares?
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    strong thread title to content :)

this thread is useless.
  • FairyMiss