Fluctuation please helpp

courtx3
courtx3 Posts: 8 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I keep fluctuating from 2 to3 lbs. I am really trying to drop 5 lbs by my birthday, May 24, but it's been really hard because I was recently promoted and my hours have changed, I try to take in at least 1200 calories but it's pretty difficult I havent last any weight. Any tips or advice on what to do in the meantime while it's hard for me to workout?

Replies

• sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    If you're only fluctuating 2-3lbs, it might just be water weight. I'd pay close attention to your sodium intake and up the amount of water you've been drinking.
  • Pete_Mann
    Pete_Mann Posts: 94
    You really need to take in 1200 calories a day. If you don't you won't lose weight. I was on a 800-1000 calorie diet for months, and got really angry that I wasn't losing any weight while I was starving myself. I upped my calories, and added some cardio to work off the extra 400 calories, and I was finally able to break that plateau.

That being said, it may be difficult to lose 5lbs in a week, especially if you can't work out. Try to see if there is some way that you can get a little extra burn out of your daily routine, even if it's ankle weights, or taking the stairs more often.
  • Fiorentina
    Fiorentina Posts: 9
    I'm the same, and it also depends on my monthly cycle. I can be 1 lb within reach of my goal, and then 3 weeks later I'm 4 lbs heavier! So annoying, but I just try not to weigh myself too often, and to drink a lot more water. This is a helpful tip from my dad who's a doctor - if you are drinking enough water, your urine will be very, very pale and it shouldn't smell too strong at all. If you aren't drinking enough, your urine will let you know! Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.