Same me - different body!

Options
Not new to loosing weight - but new to MFP.

Around 8 years ago I had my lightbulb moment where I realised I really must do something about my weight. I really did need to do something at weighing in a 277lbs I was in a sorry state.

I lost a reasonable amount just by eating sensibly and taking up walking, fell pregnant and when my first born was a yr old (around 4-5 yrs ago) picked up where I left off. I reached about 172lbs by the time I then fell pregnant again. After the birth of my 2nd child - I found it much harder to pick up the healthy eating, and when my 2nd child was about 18 mths old (around 18mths ago) I joined Slimming World, my first night I weighed in at 218lbs.

I stuck with SW for 1 year and lost around 56lbs and have maintained at around that weight loss since I left in January. I go up and sometimes I go down. I left SW because whilst the principles of the diet work to help very overweight people get to their goal weights - its not something that is sustainable or healthy the closer you get to your goal.

In Oct last year I started running - I ran my first half marathon in April this year and have put myself forward for the London Marathon Ballot for next year. I run 3 times a week, I go to Pilates once a week and the other days I strength train at my local gym.

I have joined MFP because my journey is far from complete. People ask me what weight I want to get to - in short I don't know - i'll know when I get there - its as much about toning as it is about weight. I was overweight for most of my life - certainly since a child more so when I became an adult. I am a serial emotional eater and stress can see me really reach out for foods that are not great for me. My poor body has endured alot - I marvel that it carried two kids, carried all that weight and it's now letting me run up to 13 miles - so I really try not to get too depressed that I have a tummy apron or armpit boobs - though I secretly hope that these will in fact go if I work really hard in the gym.

So these are the facts about me, still working hard to right all the wrongs I did to my body.

I hope you are having a positive day wherever you are on your weight loss journey.

Debs

Replies

• rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site:bigsmile:
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    Welcome!! This website is amazing.!!! I understand the Journey, and this journey is never "over" it is a lifetime commitment, and support and encouragement is so important!! Add me as a friend, we'll push one another!!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to find support and encouragement. Thanks for sharing your story so far with us.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    You can do this and MFP is a great place to help motivate and track your progress. Good luck!
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    hello add me as a friend if you like
  • DRay64
    DRay64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Glad to have you.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    Lovely post, hope you are able to get to where you want to be, Jeff
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    welcome. Can I just say thank you for such a modivating read. You have accomplished a lot and will continue to do so. !!
  • diembroadhurst
    Options
    aww shucks you guys - what a lovely warm welcome.