Burlesque

Options
Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
I'm going to be taking a beginner burlesque class at a festival in June. My friends who are going with me are experienced belly dancers and all have their own dance nickname. This sign up sheet asks for mine. I don't have one. I know y'all don't know me from adam, but I need ideas for a nickname. I don't really want to venture into Facebook for ideas.

I keep thinking about Carolina (pronounced, Caroleena. A friend in college used to call me that.), but is that too cheesy? My name is actually Carol. And I'm not exactly sexy. I can handle innocent flirting, and I'm not a prude, but I was always the wholesome, designated driver among my friends.

Ideas, please!

Replies

• rofcarl
    rofcarl Posts: 11
    Options
    Caroline--pronounced Caroleen could be a good one. Just a thought.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    How fun!!!
    Here is a link to a burlesque name generator, I think you can refreshe the page to get different names:

http://empty-handed.com/archive/burlesque/burlesque.html

My chosen name would be Dominix DeVille.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Some of the ones I've seen?

Lola Getz
    Kat Colourful
    Kit Kaboodle
    Kitty Victorian
    Lola Spitfire
    Lucy Flawless
    Lula Houp-Garou
    Maiden Sacrifice
    Natasha Minsk
    Nina Nightingale
    Pixy Belmont

Basically? Make up any ol' thing you want. ^_^ Though, if you're often thought of as the more demure, restrained one amongst friends, perhaps something like Prima Propper?

ETA: That name generator thing was FUN. I've decided on Trixie Handfull if ever I have the chance. XD
  • MommyLumpkin
    MommyLumpkin Posts: 129
    Options
    How fun!!!
    Here is a link to a burlesque name generator, I think you can refreshe the page to get different names:

After a few tries on this, this was my favorite. LOL It's definately risque, and I don't even know why..hahaha

Duchess Ambrosia Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch makes me giggly.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    How fun!!!

After a few tries on this, this was my favorite. LOL It's definately risque, and I don't even know why..hahaha

Duchess Ambrosia Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch makes me giggly.

Bandersnatch :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MommyLumpkin
    MommyLumpkin Posts: 129
    Options
    You could always use your grandmother or great-grandmother's first name and the name of the street you grew up on. There was a facebook thing going around not too long ago that was how you get your princess name. Unfortunately I grew up in the country so my princess name was

Princess Haley of Farm to Market 683 LOL...not exactly a regal name. Couldn't get more hillbilly if I tried.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Princess Consuelo Bananahammock :P
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    How fun!!!

I do believe these would work well for drag queen names too.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The girls I know on teh burly scene are

crimson skye
    crimson fox
    cherry fox
    miss madness
    sherry trifle
    miss butterfly
    velma von Boom
    Kiki kaboom
    dark teaser
    lola rose

As someone else said, anything goes!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like the name Caroleena, just like you have it spelled to pronounce. It seems wholesome, just as you describe yourself. If you want to shorten it, may I suggest Leena. Yes, anything goes, but you want to be true to yourself, even if it's your alternate self.

Sounds like fun!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I like the name Caroleena, just like you have it spelled to pronounce. It seems wholesome, just as you describe yourself. If you want to shorten it, may I suggest Leena. Yes, anything goes, but you want to be true to yourself, even if it's your alternate self.

Sounds like fun!

Thanks to everyone, but I think I like this idea best. Caroleena. Spelling it this way should prevent anyone from pronouncing it Carolina, like the states.