Whats for dinner tonight?

Options
Just wondering what everyone is having for dinner tonight? I love cooking, and find it hard to prepare a meal for all of my family. I have 3 kids who are picky, plus a husband who hates fish unless its fried. I love eating healthy though.

TONIGHTS MENU:

Lean steak and vegetable stir fry: 1 cup
Minute brown rice: 1/2 cup
Green beans: 1/2 cup

What are you having? :smile:

KaT

Replies

• dianaclopez89
    dianaclopez89 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Steamers LOL
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken 100g
    Baby new potatoes 200g
    Carrots, peas and a little gravy...

YUM :)
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner tonight. Eggs, toast, maybe some bacon, and fruit. Not the healthiest meal, but yummy :)
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I won't think about dinner for another 9-12 hrs, so I have no idea!

Breakfast was a steak and spinach sandwich, with a side of chocolate/raspberry yogurt. :D
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Salmon 7 ounces
    Asparagus
    Rice 175 grams
  • lacr2011
    lacr2011 Posts: 7
    Options
    lean chicken breast with low sodium BBQ sauce (crockpot)
    baked sweet potatoes
    Steamed broccoli and fat free chedder cheese (cheese is optional)

one of our favorite meals. a small adult portion is a little under 500 calories and SOOOO worth it!!!
    i find it difficult to make meals that work for the whole family too. i have an underweight toddler who is on a high fat/oil/protein diet. he is also rather picky. my hubby will eat anything but it is finding the balance between what my son needs and what i need. he would love if i made cheese burgers and fried fish every night, and he would gain weight, but so would i!! and who has the time to make 2 different meals??? ugh. anyway, i make a lot of the above meal and freeze 1/2 of it.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I am having Turkey Mini-Meatloaves with Roasted Root Veggies, from the "Cook Yourself Thin" cookbook.

CYTH113-ACT2.jpg

Recipe here:
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/turkey-mini-meatloaves-with-roasted-root-veggies
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    BBQ shredded pork tenderloin
    Steak fries
    Baked beans

Does not sound that healthy but the whole meal is less than 500 calories! And it taste really good too!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I had fish and chips for lunch today :( so I've spent half an hour on the bike, and plan a salad sandwich in wholemeal bread for my dinner - I've swapped my meal times for today!
  • katherine1127
    Options
    Those turkey mini meatloaves look wonderful! I am always looking for recipes using ground turkey. Thank you for sharing!
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the airport so dinner will be on the road. Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken or grilled chicken wrap.
  • ang16
    ang16 Posts: 91
    Options
    Left overs from last nights home made weight watchers made with Lean beef mince, 2 carrots,1 onion, 1 egg,225g of quark, and lasagne sheets plus home made lentil soup :)
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Soft tacos with 97% lean ground beef. Mmmmm......
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Steak, broiled baby red potatoes and salad...YUMMY. I usually buy 4 steaks but this time I bought one huge steak to share between 4 people and so I can have leftovers for another meal.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter banana Quinoa porridge
    3/4c plain greek yogurt
    1/2 fresh raspberries

1Tbs flax oil
    1/2c light soy milk
    2.5 scoops protein
    2tsps unsalted peanut butter

Yum Yum :)
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Lemon butter chicken :-) Lots of veggies in it and whole wheater pasta!!!
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I am having Turkey Mini-Meatloaves with Roasted Root Veggies, from the "Cook Yourself Thin" cookbook.

CYTH113-ACT2.jpg

Recipe here:
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/turkey-mini-meatloaves-with-roasted-root-veggies

YUM! May have to add this to the next menu!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I am making Cooking Light's Shrimp Pad Thai...yum yum. I make a few subs, like I half the oil (and I use sesame oil not canola) and use almond butter instead of peanuts...

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/shrimp-pad-thai-50400000110432/
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner tonight. Eggs, toast, maybe some bacon, and fruit. Not the healthiest meal, but yummy :)

Brinner is the bomb! I'm right with you :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Check out Everyday Food magazine in the checkout line or the Everyday Food blog. It often addresses picky eaters or cooking for children/family.

I also find that children that are exposed to growing their own veggies (even container gardens if you have limited space) are more likely to be life-long good eaters (speaking from experience and also from watching friends and family garden with their children).