What keeps you motivated?

Options
I am semi- new to this site and since I have used it and started my new approach to health, I have had some success and I am happy with my results and such, but in general, at times I feel down. I wonder how do ya'll stay motivated? I am hoping to add more supportive friends also, because so far I have not really recieved any support other than what I give myself and it's hard because I only have one support system in my life, my husband, and he is trying to GAIN weight. So please, any tips?

Replies

• JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I rely on this site and the friends I make on here a lot. I may not know them all on a personal level but we have the same goals in common, to try to be healthier for ourselves and families. You are more than welcome to add me as a friend! :wink:
  • maggieschuck
    maggieschuck Posts: 174
    Options
    I joined a fitness challenge at my gym. Its for 10 weeks and we meet 2 times a week. I started my life style change with the new year and I was feeling tired and burnt out. I have to have a goal to keep me motivated. I singed up for Tough Mudder and I have 4 months to get in tip top shape. See is there are any mommy walking groups, join a fitness class or find gym buddies.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this last night actually. I remember trying this calorie counting things a few times in the past. It would usually last a month and I'd decide it's too tedious and frustrating...
    Then about 6months down the line I'd say to myself, "Man... if I had stuck with it I'd be about X lbs lighter now instead of 5-10 lbs heavier and it hasn't even been very long, I SUCK" It's like a kick in the stomach thinking that!

Thinking about that thought process AGAIN makes me stick with it! I know it won't be too long before I'm at my goal and I'll be happy even halfway to my goal!!
  • ssc0303
    ssc0303 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This site has kept me motivated so far! The people here are very supportive and very encouraging. Also logging my foods and exercise motivates me because I see how well I'm doing. I also have a committed work out buddy. She has lost about 20 + lbs. We both started at the same time, initially, but I slacked and she actually met her goals. I use that as motivation.
  • lacr2011
    lacr2011 Posts: 7
    Options
    i set alarms on my phone. time to eat. time to walk. time to drink water. time to get going. if i dont have that reminder i will forget. i wont make the time. connect with friends who want to walk with you. i have a girlfriend with a child near my childs age and we make walking dates. that way if you have a bad week you can at least get that date in there. gyms are expensive, so a monthly membership might not be as great as one of their fitness programs. i would call around.
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    What keeps me motivated?? Knowing that in October, I'm going to celebrate my 1 year anniversary (a month late!) in the Bahamas... and I want to do it 34lbs lighter than I was at my wedding! (12lbs down right now) The teeny bikini I hope to buy, the one that's already hanging as motivation for the summer, to feel great about myself, inside and out, ALL the time, to beat my family's heart history, and to be an example to my patient's at the hospital I work at. Oh, and to look amazing :tongue: Feel free to add me, and that goes for anyone who replies to this as well, who needs support too!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    I need accountability.

Typing my food and SEEING my calories... Seeing my weight in print (GULP)...
  • Kermit82
    Kermit82 Posts: 5
    Options
    I make a big deal over the little things....adding more weight to my exercises, jogging another minute on the treadmill, loosing - doesn't matter if its only .2 of a pound or 2 pounds. I make sure to share them with the people who will help me make them a big deal - husband, family (even your kids) and friends. I know you said your husband is trying to gain weight, but you can support each other with the little things - like when he gains and you loose make a big deal out of it.

If you can find a gym or work out partner. I have a bunch of friends who are trying to loose weight, so i have a great support group around me. Maybe see if you can find people in your area or at your gym that are going through the same thing as you.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My wedding pictures, I dont' want to look at them for the rest of my life saying, man if I had of just sucked it up and worked harder for those few months I wouldn't hate these pictures!

Plus I want to lose as much as I can before I get pregnant and start gaining!