Morning Motivation!

Options
I need help. My busy schedule and family needs prevent me from working out at any time other than in the early morning. Every night I tell myself that tomorrow will be the day that I get serious about working out. I promise myself that I will actually get up when my alarm goes off so I can make it to the gym – but each morning I tell myself I need a little more sleep instead of the time at the gym.

Is anyone else fighting to wake up and make it to the gym? I am looking for a friend or two to hold me accountable and ask every day. It would be great if I knew that I’d let someone else down by not making it to the gym…

Replies

• jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    I have the same problem a lot of the mornings. I will be your accountability buddy if you need one....just add me :) we can make sure we work out in the AM!!
  • lcas682
    lcas682 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That happened to me when I first started working out. I was getting up at 5:30am to go to the gym. The first one or two times are very difficult, but once you get over that hump, it will be okay. I promise. That is how I lost 40 lbs. Once you start seeing results, you will be movtivated to get up that early in the morning. =)
  • kaymckinley
    kaymckinley Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will join with you because I have been doing the very same thing. I too need someone to hold me accountable so that I will actually get up in the morning and work out. Add me as your friend and then we can hold each other accountable:yawn:
  • Nottm1984
    Nottm1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can't afford the gym at the moment, but I'm having to wake myself up early to do the 30day shred workout DVD before work. I find that after say 3 or 4 days straight you'll find it difficult, but the one day you decide to have a break from it and have extra time in bed, you'll feel so guilty that the next day you'll soon be in the routine again. That's what's happened with me anyway, just having to explain to my partner and say on here publicly that I basically couldnt be bothered even though I really want to change motivates you onwards. You can do it-once it's a routine, it's just becomes what you do in the morning rather than extra effort. I feel more diciplined in general going against my natural instinct to stay in bed! It make you feel good in the end and less lethargic.
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    I always do my workout in the morning mainly out of necessity - and because I KNOW that by the time I get in from work the last thing I'll be wanting to do is a run. I'm lucky to have 2 dogs who need walking before I go to work, and you just can't ignore the needs of another living creature in preference to staying in bed for an extra hour! By the time we've done our morning walk I'm usually up for jumping.on my treadmill!

When I first started doing C25K it would have been quite easy to give up when it got tough. I found that just seeing my friends logging their exercise kept me going - especially when I became friends with somebody who was at the same stage and had the same goals as me. Perhaps that's the answer. Get yourself a fitness buddy who is in a similar position to you - and "jolly" each other along so you feel that you're not doing this alone.

Netty
  • amosaliyyah
    Options
    Gooding Morning....

When I worked out in the early am I would go to bed by 10pm to make sure I got 6 hours of sleep atleast. Remember it takes about 30 days to create this habit and less than a week to destroy it, you have to put your workout close by the bed and get up...
  • Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    Do you have access to Direct Tv or do you have it? If you do dump the gym and save the money. Let me explain. I got a gym membership and promised myself I would go. Well I found if you got to get up, dress, drive etc. I talk myself out of it. Then you wasting money. I found this amazing tool on Direct Tv. It is Exercise Tv on Demand. I go through the workouts that I like and record them. So when I workout it is in the morning I grab my workout clothes (which I leave by my bed) and yes dress have of sleep and go down stairs and pick my workout. Its done and I didn't leave the home! The only watchers watching me workout is my two dogs. They don't judge! LOL! Look at my workout journal. You will see the workouts I have done. In addition, go to exercisetv.com to see the workouts.
    Good luck!
  • victoriashea
    victoriashea Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi! I know exactly how you feel. I've gotten in the habit of waking up 45 minutes earlier than usual so I can take morning walks in addition to my afternoon gym time. But wow, sometimes I JUST DON'T WANNA. Especially if I don't get enough sleep the night before. On the other hand, it is important to get your eight hours, so I suppose it's just a balance...
    I'd love to help you out and also have someone keep me accountable. Wanna team up?