Help 580 Calories left

Options
This morning I thought I would have a good breakfast and then topped it off with a banana and peanut butter snack, BUT I'm left with only 580 calories for the rest of the day. That equals 2 more meals and 2 snacks.....any suggestion on what I can eat but stay at or around my calories for the day?

Replies

• mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You'll have to make sure you fit in some exercise today...
  • Nanconet
    Nanconet Posts: 35
    Options
    Cucumber and celery for snack! Very low cal! Good luck!!
  • melissahratliff
    Options
    Veggie fajitas. Most of the calories are just for the tortillas. Earn some more calories by doing some sort of exercise. If you clean the house, it counts! Good Luck!
  • choughton01
    choughton01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I knew someone would say exercise. LOL I wish I could. I do some walking but our weather here is still winter I guess. I also have herniated disks so my doctor doesn't recommend anything other than walking and flat surfaces, until I get some weight off. I do try to do a little Zumba with my kids in the evening but it's so minimal I don't even count it. I don't think I do enough of any exercise to make it count.
  • choughton01
    Options
    How do I get my ticker to show?
  • mschickiepoo
    mschickiepoo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Even if you sit in a chair and lift some small weights (carefully) it still counts as exercise. Google some low impact exercises, and perhaps you can find something to help you out.

For my ticker, I had to put the link right on my profile. Good luck :)
  • choughton01
    Options
    Still can't figure out the ticker thing but that's okay. It's not that important. Everyone's ticker inspires me and I thought maybe my 3 lbs loss might inspire someone else is all.
  • melissahratliff
    Options
    Go to your profile. Under the ticker click add to website. Copy the bb code. now click on community, then click on signature. paste the code there. Now it will show on your posts.
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You could have a soup for dinner or lunch - they can be very low-calorie and filling. I made a soup the other day that is only 100 calories per cup, and was really thick and hearty (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/242030-curried-cauliflower-broccoli-soup-100-cals if you wanted to check it out). But you could just buy some pre-made soup at the store as well. Just watch the sodium, since soup is often a sodium-bomb.

Other suggestion... if you have some low-cal bread, you could have a nice tuna sandwich. I mix half a can of tuna with some greek yogurt (instead of mayo/dressing - it cuts the calories by more than half, and I can't even tell the difference), season it with some herbs, and then eat it on some whole grain bread (I found a kind that has 130 calories per 2 slices, so with the tuna and yogurt it's around 200 cals).

You could make a nice hearty salad, too - load up on the spring mix or spinach, top with fresh veggies/fruits/seeds/nuts, and apply dressing sparingly (if you dip your fork in the dressing and then stab some greens, you use much less dressing but get the full flavour).

Good luck!
  • choughton01
    Options
    Thank you Stephanie! The yogurt and tuna sounds great! Today has been so difficult for me because I'm stuck sitting and studying. I'm definitely trying the yogurt and tuna tomorrow! I've pretty much ate my calories for the day so I'm just going to have to suck it up today. Friday will be just as hard as for I have to sit in a lecture room and study. I've been going to school since 2003 and I have taught myself that studying means eating and eating means junks so that I could stay up studying : ( I'm trying to retrain my brain but it's so difficult. It really means a lot that you and everyone else gave me suggestions and it actually motivates me to suck it up today and do better tomorrow. Thanks!
  • choughton01
    Options
    Awe thanks Melissa! Makes me smile! :smile:
  • andie0625
    andie0625 Posts: 1
    Options
    Oatmeal or cereal