Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Feet hurt after 1/2

SO MY FEET ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STILL!
4 days after my half marathon. Is this normal?
SOS!

Replies

• runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    no, I do not think that this is normal at all! I have ran three half marathons, and although my whole body generally hurts for the rest of the day, I have never had this foot problem. sounds to me like it is definitely time for new shoes.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Try getting some lotion and rubbing out the tendons on the bottoms of your feet in the arches. When you hit a sore spot, stop and press for a little while. This will hurt, but it should also help.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    New shoes might be in order. Continue to rest, or go for a swim. I've visited my chiropractor when my joints hurt, as well. If they continue to hurt, a visit to a podiatrist might be in order to ensure you don't have an injury.

Best of luck!
  • peabody18
    peabody18 Posts: 20
    Where does it hurt on the feet? If it is the heels, it could be plantar fasciitis.
  • Thanks guys. I knew my sneakers were a little old, but I didn't want to get new ones two weeks before the 1/2...
    I am going to Charm City Run tonight, they are having a Brooks Ladies Night! WOOT!
  • Just an FYI guys, I did the ICE bath...it HURT! But now they feel better. I also bought my sneakers tonight. GOing to take them on a short jog tomorrow after work!
    :)