Fitness Classes

Options
What are your favorite fitness classes? and Which classes burn and tone the most while still having fun? I need something I can stick with. The elliptical and treadmill are getting old to me.

Replies

• jsonnett02
    jsonnett02 Posts: 110
    Options
    classes with cardio & weights mixed together....

I loved the boot camp class at my old gym, it did that for me!! I also loved Zumba and Yoga!! Zumba really gets ur heart rate up and super fun....the coordination will come along if you aren't very well coordinated
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love spin class.

I also do Body Balance and Body Pump. Exercising to music works well for me and I love the class environment.
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do Body Pump, Turbo Kick, Step Aerobics and my gym offers a Triple Play class where we do 20/20/20 minutes each of spinning, strength (weights) and yoga/pilates.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I go to boot camp classes. Works out all parts of the body!! Great workout too!! I also like cardio classes too.
  • modubb
    modubb Posts: 22
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!!! :bigsmile: It's a blast, there is so much energy in the room, it really keeps your motivation level up! I have also done yoga, but in my experience it can be a bit intimidating- even in a beginner's class. But, if you are like me, and don't care- then that is really great for strength training!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing is the best, big calorie burn and you get to hit stuff!
  • michelle2566
    Options
    I love Zumba and Aqua classes,I have never been one for excecise but these are the 2 classes I never want to miss......and they have helped me lose 49 pounds so far....:flowerforyou:
  • saphire76
    saphire76 Posts: 102
    Options
    I LOVE STEP CLASS!!! I only go to the gym on Mon and Thur now just because I love them so much. I am doing c25k at home and jillian dvd's too.
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I've been teaching all kinds of classes since 1983. I think Zumba is one of the best programs ever! I absolutely LOVE it! I also love kettlebells. But if you take it, check out the certification. It's easy to get hurt, if the instructor really doesn't know what they're doing. But I LOVE that workout!
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I hate classes. I use to do Turbo Jam at home. I don't know if you have this in your area, but I recently certified to teach R.I.P.P.E.D. That is a fun class and it involves strength conditioning. If you wanted to start one it is pretty high intensity so I would go with starting 2 times/week and building up from there. I am also a huge fan of spin classes and am part of a bootcamp, but it isn't in a big gym. It is specifically just a bootcamp that only takes on no more than 6 clients in one class-so you can get more one on one attention. My body is crying out right now. He keeps making it harder every day. I guess that is good, but man!!!
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Zumba!!! I also like body bootcamp. However, I love Zumba!!!
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    my answer would have to be.... zumba! i've never had so much fun exercising. the movements are big and i am always moving. great calorie burn. great people. great music. i love ZUMBA!
  • chicorac
    chicorac Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou: Looks like I'll try Zumba and Kickboxing. My normal routine is starting to bore me and I don't wanna end up stopping, plus I'd like to shake things up a bit. :smile:
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Boot camp & yoga therapy & pilates!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Spinning and step burn the most weight for me. Although I've never taken a Boot Camp class, so I can't comment on that. Zumba is a nice way to mix things up, but I don't burn as many calories.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am just waaaay too uncoordinated for Step! LOL. And that has nothing to do with the weight, my feet just get all tangled up! Love the kickboxing though, and Zumba may not burn as many calories, but it's a good way to get a workout in without feeling like you worked out! You're dancing, how fun is that?!?
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Spinning and step burn the most weight for me. Although I've never taken a Boot Camp class, so I can't comment on that. Zumba is a nice way to mix things up, but I don't burn as many calories.

I think it really depends on the instructor how many calories you burn. Zumba is supposed to be an interval program. There should be a few hard songs, followed by a lower intensity song, and then you build it back up. With a hr monitor, we have clocked up to 900 calories in an instructor master class, down to 400 calories in a lower level class. I burn about 600 in my classes, that I teach, which is almost as much as running.

But I think it's great that you are getting variety.
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing and HIIT
  • Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I hate classes. I use to do Turbo Jam at home. I don't know if you have this in your area, but I recently certified to teach R.I.P.P.E.D. That is a fun class and it involves strength conditioning. If you wanted to start one it is pretty high intensity so I would go with starting 2 times/week and building up from there. I am also a huge fan of spin classes and am part of a bootcamp, but it isn't in a big gym. It is specifically just a bootcamp that only takes on no more than 6 clients in one class-so you can get more one on one attention. My body is crying out right now. He keeps making it harder every day. I guess that is good, but man!!!

My favorites have been kickboxing, zumba, and a muscle toning class, but today I tried R.I.P.P.E.D and it's AWESOME! I was dripping with sweat and it's a lot of fun. Good burn!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options

My favorites have been kickboxing, zumba, and a muscle toning class, but today I tried R.I.P.P.E.D and it's AWESOME! I was dripping with sweat and it's a lot of fun. Good burn!

I totally Love my R.I.P.P.E.D. class! Its Resistance (weight training), Interval training, Power, Plyometrics, Endurance, and D for Diet..lol but I love my Zumba classes as well!! That's my fun cardio days..haha.. :wink: