Putting it out there

Options

Replies

• TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I love you all and thank you for the support!! For me....tho anyone that posts on here....You see these people posting they encouragement and love and support....Friend them!! I have amazing friends that will help you through anything without judgement and will have your back on every occasion.!! :heart:
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Love, you are amazing!!!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    While I may not have an ED I have been witness to my sister's and a friend's trial with it. If I can be of help at all please feel free to message me. Though I know it is not easy to do I want you to know my door is open to you. :flowerforyou:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Okay before I go any further with this topic....This is a NONJUDGEMENTAL DRAMA FREE ZONE.....

There are many people on here with an ED and Im sure some are like me and to scared to talk about it. I am admitting that I need additional help. This is not a cry for attention or a plea for sympathy just a fact that I am stating. I want people to come together to help one another....not judge or give their opinions on why its wrong because until you have lived with it day in and day out year after year. You have no idea how it feels. The control it takes over you and your life. So please post here if you have an ED or pm me. Even if no one replies...I just want everyone to know there is an ear and a shoulder available to you. Maybe if we all join together we can help one another beat it.

Love you all

Shannon :heart:
    :flowerforyou: Here for you anytime
  • TheNewLK
    Options
    Seriously.....**tears streaming** You are all so amazing!! Thank you!! Thank you for being the wonderful supportive friends that you are!! You seriously have humbled me...:cry: <
    Loving Tears!!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Eating Disorder. I'm not sure if I have a disorder, but I constantly OBSESS. Sometimes to the point of tears - if I eat the wrong thing, or have a binge moment. It's hard, and I've seen a nutritionalist and a therepist. But honestly it's my mental block and I'm working on how to learn eat to live, not live to eat and food really is my friend. Oh my that sounds soooo nerdy. But it's aweful how food has impacted my life so much.

I ate when I was happy.
    I ate when I was sad.
    I ate when I was pissed.
    I ate when I was bored.
    I pretty much ate when I saw food anywhere.
    That's how I got to be 284 lbs, and honestly, I am SOOOO afraid that fat Melissa will come back some days.
    I have learned so much thru MFP and keep looking ahead, taking one day- one calorie- at a time.
  • pammiegirl1117
    pammiegirl1117 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You are so amazing!! I’m so proud of you. Love you BFF!!!!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I never had a full-blown ED but I have disordered eating (for those that don't know, there's a difference, check it out). Since committing myself to my healthier lifestyle, I have done a lot better with it. So if you need a friend, I'm here!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Recovered (mostly) from a bought in my late teens. Strangely I recovered because of another traumatic event, lol. Now I'm on the other end of the spectrum in a sense, as I have a huge fear of getting to a healthy weight again. I'm working on my issues dealing with that right now, but I understand the constant stuggle to not obsess over calories and the need to actually force yourself to get your calories in for the day. :flowerforyou:
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love ya gorgeous! You are amazing, just saying. Shannon is the greatest.:heart:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Brave post. You know you have my support. You've been doing so well. I guess I didn't realize how much of a struggle it is for you. We've got your back!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Shannon you are beautiful. Love your strength and compassion!

I myself have not struggled with this depilating disease, but I have watched my sister for many years be controlled by it. To this day she still struggles and I support her each and every day to be healthily.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    So, so, SO much love for those of you struggling with an ED or to those of you recovering. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I had small "bouts" of ED in high school and college, and I can not imagine the hell it is to deal with it on a daily basis. If any of you need support or a shoulder, I'm here.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Edit: Why do I even try.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Lkm.... you are so brave, beautiful, and amazing! I ♥ you even more now! You are a stand up woman and anyone who gives people a hard time with an eating disorder is just pathetic themselves. Eating disorders are recognized medical conditions not just something people try or do for attention, but many people have that opinion. No one should ever judge. And you can lean on me anytime, I will pick you up, give you a great big hug, and help you continue on your journey, even hold your hand and skip down the path together if you would like!
  • TheNewLK
    Options
    Lkm.... you are so brave, beautiful, and amazing! I ♥ you even more now! You are a stand up woman and anyone who gives people a hard time with an eating disorder is just pathetic themselves. Eating disorders are recognized medical conditions not just something people try or do for attention, but many people have that opinion. No one should ever judge. And you can lean on me anytime, I will pick you up, give you a great big hug, and help you continue on your journey, even hold your hand and skip down the path together if you would like!

I love you too Sossy and skipping burns more cals so I am all for it!! :heart:
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    Eating Disorder. I'm not sure if I have a disorder, but I constantly OBSESS. Sometimes to the point of tears - if I eat the wrong thing, or have a binge moment. It's hard, and I've seen a nutritionalist and a therepist. But honestly it's my mental block and I'm working on how to learn eat to live, not live to eat and food really is my friend. Oh my that sounds soooo nerdy. But it's aweful how food has impacted my life so much.

I ate when I was happy.
    I ate when I was sad.
    I ate when I was pissed.
    I ate when I was bored.
    I pretty much ate when I saw food anywhere.
    That's how I got to be 284 lbs, and honestly, I am SOOOO afraid that fat Melissa will come back some days.
    I have learned so much thru MFP and keep looking ahead, taking one day- one calorie- at a time.

This sounds like me...and in all honesty, I think to some extent this is an eating disorder...I think when food controls your life and your thoughts, its a dangerous situation.
    To everyone, there is a reason why we are all here, and this is no place for judgement, we all have our struggles and are here to support eachother through, sometimes it's easier to relate your probs and anxieties, fears, etc. to cyber-friends than to real-world ones.
    God Bless you all, and lets continue our journeys together. We can do anything we put our minds to!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Okay before I go any further with this topic....This is a NONJUDGEMENTAL DRAMA FREE ZONE.....

There are many people on here with an ED and Im sure some are like me and to scared to talk about it. I am admitting that I need additional help. This is not a cry for attention or a plea for sympathy just a fact that I am stating. I want people to come together to help one another....not judge or give their opinions on why its wrong because until you have lived with it day in and day out year after year. You have no idea how it feels. The control it takes over you and your life. So please post here if you have an ED or pm me. Even if no one replies...I just want everyone to know there is an ear and a shoulder available to you. Maybe if we all join together we can help one another beat it.

Love you all

Shannon :heart:

Frankly, took me a minute to figure out ED. Totally different connotation for a male.

Good luck with your struggle.

By the way, if I did have the dreaded male ED, you are the cure, Shannon.
  • Gargoyle69
    Gargoyle69 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ED - You scared me Shannon! LOL

We are here for ya every day and night!
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    You are so brave, not only for going public with your struggle but for offering support for anyone else out there battling the same thing. I am so honored that were friends. You are at the right place in your life for real change, trust yourself and trust your "real" MFP's I know I got your back sweetie.... ((((Hugs)))):flowerforyou: