starvation mode?? helpm please?

Options
hi guys,
at the moment im consuming 1100 cal and buring 2200 so im having a defecit of 1100, which should mean i will lose 1kg a week, but im actually gaining weight...
i think it may be something to do with starvation mode??
could someone please help me out and inform me on what i should do about this so i can continue to lose weight!!
thanks!

Replies

• kamal213
    Options
    hi guys,
    at the moment im consuming 1100 cal and buring 2200 so im having a defecit of 1100, which should mean i will lose 1kg a week, but im actually gaining weight...
    i think it may be something to do with starvation mode??
    could someone please help me out and inform me on what i should do about this so i can continue to lose weight!!
    thanks!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You are definitely in starvation mode.. you should have a net intake of minimumally 1200 calories -- that's your BMR+exercise calories.

You need to eat more. Way more like 2300 more....
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    In a nutshell. You need to eat no fewer than 1200 calories a day. This is what your body needs for it's basic functioning. Add to that any calories you burned from excercise. Theoretically, you should be eating 3300 calories a day (1200 + 2200) though that seems high. You'll have to test it out.

Think about it even without the theories and calculations. If you are eating 1100 and burning 2200 you have a deficit of -1100. It is as if you are not eating anything and on top of that still excercising and burning 1100 calories a day. You are starving yourself.
  • Kali13
    Kali13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Starvation definitely!

Something that really helped me was to start seeing food not just as "food", but as FUEL. This means a couple of things:

:heart: Put the highest quality fuel you can find into your body.

:heart: Your body actually needs fuel in order to burn fat. (Read that one again - that's pretty major!) :heart: :heart: :heart:

If you weigh just 100 pounds, your body needs 1120 calories of fuel to do nothing. To breathe. To vege out on the couch all day. That's just for a person weighing 100 pounds!

Don't be afraid to fuel yourself. Just put the best quality fuel into your body, and put enough fuel in!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: