slowed metabolism?hi guys,

Options
hi guys,
at the moment im consuming 1100 cal and buring 2200 so im having a defecit of 1100, which should mean i will lose 1kg a week, but im actually gaining weight...
i think it may be something to do with starvation mode??
could someone please help me out and inform me on what i should do about this so i can continue to lose weight!!
thanks!

Replies

• kamal213
    Options
    hi guys,
    at the moment im consuming 1100 cal and buring 2200 so im having a defecit of 1100, which should mean i will lose 1kg a week, but im actually gaining weight...
    i think it may be something to do with starvation mode??
    could someone please help me out and inform me on what i should do about this so i can continue to lose weight!!
    thanks!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I think you should get yourself back on track with the calorie intake suggested by MFP. By going back to eating what's recommended it allows your body to actually process the nutrients it needs to help you live while burning off excess fats to help you lose weight.

You are right in thinking that you're possibly in starvation mode and as a result are threatening your health. Your body tries to protect your critical life support systems and shuts down other functions but it can only do that for so long until it just quits and you either have heart failure, liver damage, etc. and either die or end up an invalid for the rest of your life.

It appears that you have an exercise regimen in your weight loss plan so start your efforts from scratch by eating what the site recommends. Do this for about a month and if you still continue to appear to gain weight then contact me and I can explain what I did based on my perceptions of how the site works in calculating things.

The important thing is to preserve your health in a healthy way so please go back to the beginning and begin with a fresh view on your goals.

Good Luck! :drinker: