what if....??

Options
I want to lose 1kg (2.2lbs) a week? I weigh 66kg (145.2lbs), I'm 160cm (5"3) and I'm female, 18yrs. How much should I eat and burn to do this? Is it possible without going into starvation mode?

Replies

• marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 1kg (2.2lbs) a week? I weigh 66kg (145.2lbs), I'm 160cm (5"3) and I'm female, 18yrs. How much should I eat and burn to do this? Is it possible without going into starvation mode?
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    My suggestion would be to go into your profile and change your goals to see what the limitations might be. MFP has a 2lb limit that it works everyone to for their goals so don't expect to get your 1kg desired weight in there.

If you eat less than the suggested calories allocated by MFP per day you risk putting yourself into a starvation mode and endangering your health in many, many ways. When you do go into starvation mode, eating less than your body really needs, your body shuts down certain parts of the system in order to preserve the heart, liver, etc and you will give the appearance of not losing weight until you experience a major break down of one of your critical life support organs.

I started out looking to lose 2lbs a week when I first started. The initial weight loss was rapid because it was what my body didn't need so was willing to give up. I stuck to the MFP suggested calorie intake and yet lost more than 2lbs a week. I didn't feel hungry and I worked out on a regular basis. Now, having said that, I did find that there were some issues with the way this site manages the extra calories given for working out but I think you should stick with the suggested routine until you experience a problem like I did and then I can explain some possible solutions.

So try to change your goals and see what you come up with. Then stay on the program for about a month and see what the results are and I think you will do very well in working toward your goals on top of what you've already accomplished.
  • Canelitas
    Options
    It is possible if you follow the sites suggestions, for the past 3 weeks, I've lost 2 pounds a week. Best Wishes :flowerforyou: