How to track calories when doing C25K???

Options
cobylea
cobylea Posts: 194 Member
I'm starting the C25K and I don't have a heart rate montior. How do I enter this into MFP when I'm logging my exercise?? I go on the treadmill which does have a calorie counter but if I'm jogging at different intervals I'm assuming I would be burning more calories then what the treadmill is saying. Is there any way to figure this out??

4393113.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• iSteakers
    iSteakers Posts: 45
    Options
    I know I have seen people post that they log their time walking as walking and the jogging as jogging so you enter 2 different exercises. I am using an elliptical so I'm sort of averaging what my machine says and what the app says.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My treadmill calorie counter is directly related to the speed you are going, it should be just fine!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yeah my treadmill just counts it for me. im on week 6 and im burning around 170cal per session (not counting warmup walk)
  • AbFab2011
    AbFab2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Runkeeper? If you have a phone with GPS it will track where you go & how fast you go & if you put your weight in it will tell you how many calories you burned & you can put it in on here...

http://runkeeper.com
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! I'll have to check out run keeper. My treadmill does count the calories but since i'm just starting the C25K I don't increase the speed for jogging I keep it the same, so I would have to think for those minutes that I'm jogging my heart rate would be up so I would be burning more calories then if I was just walking at that speed. I'd love to be able to get a heart rate monitor but right now it's not in my finances. Might have to treat myself to one once I drop some more weight!! :happy:

4393113.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • klm78
    klm78 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 of C25K and run outside, so I don't have the luxury of a treadmill calorie counter. I just add up total minutes walked and ran and log them separately. I just hit the 10 lbs lost mark, so I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and purchase a HRM. Good luck to you!!!