WEIGHTLOSS

Options
what is your fav website for weightloss tips community recipes etc...besides for mfp of course! :)

Replies

• mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i really enjoy men's health "eat this not that". they have all these articles about high calorie foods to stay away from, what to have at fast food places if you have no other option. healthy things to drink. i know it's men's health.. but they have good ideas and good reads that are beneficial to men and women.

i LOVE hungry girl. she gives you recipes to make items low calorie that aren't usually low calorie. great ideas. restaurant survival guides. just ways to make everything low calorie.
  • kimrich10
    kimrich10 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What is hungry girl? Is that a blog or a member on here?
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's a website (and a few books) :)
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I like Hungry girl too. I get emails and stuff from there.
  • GilchristDean
    GilchristDean Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im trying to get my dad to lose weight, but its a PAIN IN THE TOUCHE! we try to do exercises regularly, but its so hard to get him to do them
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,866 Member
    Options
    im trying to get my dad to lose weight, but its a PAIN IN THE TOUCHE! we try to do exercises regularly, but its so hard to get him to do them

@GilchristDean, maybe start your own post about this, since this otherwise very old (2011!?!) thread isn't very related?

Stuff to include: How old is your dad? What are the issues for him, specifically? Are you a good example for him to emulate? I'd observe that for most of us, weight loss is more about eating than exercise! For sure it was for me, when I lost from obese to a healthy weight at age 59-60!

I'll bet folks here would love to help you with your dad - for sure I would - but the OP in this thread is only barely related, y'know?
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    On Instagram I follow Denise Austin, Chris Powell, and Heidi Powell. All three are super motivating with lots of tips.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Kimkimba wrote: »
    On Instagram I follow Denise Austin, Chris Powell, and Heidi Powell. All three are super motivating with lots of tips.

I had Denise Austin VHS's back in the 90s so had to wiki her to see how old she is. 65!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denise_Austin

I'm skeptical of her, and Miranda Esmonde-White, who say they only exercise 23-30 minutes per day. I suspect they are not counting exercise they professionally.

I used to be as flexible as Miranda back when I did ballet, and just doing her 23 minute workout once per day didn't and couldn't get me back there.