HRM HELP!

Options
I purchased a PRO-FORM TX-300 Heart Rate Monitor (watch & chest strap.) In order for it to determine calories you have to set an "activity." Being a SAHM I have my activity level as sedentary and I want to use the HRM for when I'm taking a walk, hiking, vigorous cleaning, etc...However the only activities listed are Badminton, Basetball, Canoe, CTrain, Climb Hills, Cycling, Dance, Gymnastics, Handball, Hiking, Horse, Ice Hockey, jump, run, skiing, soccer, squash, table tennis, tennis, volleyball, weight train, and then USER high, medium, and low. First off, I really don't want to have to reset my activity every time I use the HRM...I'm looking for a setting more for general use.

With that said the directions that came with the HRM are less than vague. I tried setting the HRM on User Medium and at a resting rate it was calculating 1 calorie per 5 secs.When using the HRM while I was waitressing it calculated about 1500 calories for 2 hours of work. I changed it to low and it was calculating 1 calorie per 10 mins and didn't increase regardless of my heart rate (heart rate at same level as low setting.) One high and one low if you take into account that my BMR should be 2020 a day (about 70 an hour.)

So basically. I don't understand! Help!

Replies

• petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    Another note: I did email the manufacturer as well.