Days off...

Options
On Sunday I started Jillian Michaels Ripping in 30. It says for best results to do 5-6 days per week. I am wondering about my rest day. I am hoping to go the 6 day per week route. Would it be better for me to do it 3 days and then take a day off or do all 6 then take a day off? But then I am not sure how that would work out going into week 2.
Also, would it be ok to run on my off day or should I totally rest?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• donye1
    donye1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think you should do it the full 6 days straight that way you dont get discouraged. Also rest on that off day. Dont overload you body. Its going to want that break. But goodluck you can do it if your really determined.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The 3 on 1 off sounds great. As you mentioned, 5-6 days a week. That means one week you will have 6, and the next week, 5. That is perfectly fine. Your body gets just as much benefit from rest days as hard working days! You need to give it a chance to recuperate :)

It's "ok" to do whatever you want, but if you feel too tired from the run, or get too drained from the constant working out, listen to your body and take a rest day. Maybe instead of running on the rest day, just go for a walk?