Anyone Who Lost the Post Baby Pooch

Options
2»

Replies

• ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Mine's getting there, it can be done. My daughter is almost 2.5, but I didn't really start making an effort until this past March. I've been doing crunches/sit-ups every day. I've recently added reverse crunches to target my lower abs and I'm up to 400 a day (in 5 sets of 80, 20 each of 4 different types of crunches to target different areas). I've lost two inches from my waist.

I'm still frustrated by how much my belly can "grow" after I eat, but I'm not sure that part will ever go away.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    It's tough to do, but possible. I was able to get rid of it after my first. I'm currently working on the changes caused by my second (and an additional health issue). I really liked Tracy Anderson's post-pregnancy workout DVD. Tough video --- but great abdominal workout! I'll will try to find some pics from after my first.

I want to try this.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Ugh, the dreaded belly pooch has been my Achilles heel for many, many years!!! My one consolation I would tell myself is that "at least your belly doesn't stick out like Santa; it just hangs over!" But YUCK - ladies, I feel all y'alls pain!!! I was told by a body builder coworker of mine that you really have to lose fat and work on the core. Losing fat will make the pooch smaller, and strengthening the core will tighten and lift the muscles. Good luck to us all!
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Getting flatter as i work harder!! The pooch sucks!
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I hope mine goes away. I've had 4 babies in 3 years (including twins. Their 3rd birthday was 3 days ago) and I fear I will never get my belly back.