Running Shoes....

Options
smitty328
smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
Running Shoes.....which brand would you Pals recommend???? Thanks a bunch!!!!

Replies

• Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your feet. I prefer Brooks or Saucony.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I <3 Brooks but GET FITTED!!! My feet are not your feet.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The best advice is go to a running store and get fitted for whats right for you. I wanted a certain pair and went to a Run On Store locally and they analyzed my gate and how I ran and got me into a pair and works great for me now.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I like asics.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and get fitted for shoes and buy moisture whicking socks. I love my new balance 860s and thorlo socks.

This site has great shoes and frequent sales www.runningwarehouse.com
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing in a pair of Vibram KSO's and I can't say I'm disappointed, they are really neat and comfortable!

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

Also Injinji socks are really great with them! I recommend starting with them so you don't get blisters!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    depends on terrain....but I love underarmour and also five finger vibrams
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It's a very personal thing - but, I only wear Nike Pegasus.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on your feet, and getting fitted is the best way to find out what will work for you. I have always bought Asics since I'm flat footed, and they have very good arch support. The last pair I bought were Mizunos, and I'm in LOVE! They are light as air, and have amazing support. Hands down, they are the best running shoes I've ever owned!
  • ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    First things first. Get fitted!
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said, get fitted. I just did this and I ended up getting asics. My knees feel so much better now than in my old shoes.
  • revjames
    revjames Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I went online and Asics Nimbus 12 were recommended which have gel filled heels and soles so reduce impact on the roads. £75 so not bad either. Sportsdirect.com cheapest. As others have said go and try some and get proper advice.
  • shandawg515
    Options
    nike airs are super comfortable! i got some from the nike factory for about 50 bucks
  • lauraderosa
    Options
    My son bought my first pair of Asics! I love them.:heart:
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    First things first. Get fitted!

YEP!!!

Also know what surface you will be running on most - treadmill, pavement, trail . . it makes a difference.
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm thirding Vibram Five Fingers; I love my VFF Bikilas and Sprints. Do your research on barefoot running first to avoid injury if you go with these!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Ryka. They are made strictly for women (by women) and they correct something that women naturally do with their hips when walking/running.