P90Xers...Question about YogaX

Options
I've never done yoga, so here are my questions... How important is it to this program? Should I really do it...or can I replace it with CardioX or something like that? I started to try it last week and made it about 20 minutes...but it's soooooo boring to me. #1...it's too slow paced (which I know its supposed to be relaxing) but I lose interest. #2...I don't know the moves so I am constantly looking at the TV screen to see whats going on and it makes my position weird and not relaxing at all. So, am I going to miss out on some important part of the program if I skip it....or should I just keep trying to do it the best I can?

Replies

• NoPyForYou
    NoPyForYou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's an important part. It's not an easy work out, for sure. I don't really consider Yoga X my rest/relaxing day LOL. Yoga is super important for working the muscles, but also stretching and lengthening them. Try to stay with it. The moves will come to you. The first 45 minutes is quite repetitive, in that you build the sequence - each time through you add a new pose. After a couple of time through the dvd, you'll get the hang of it. I really love all the balance poses in the second 45 minutes - they're great for a little core work and they really work on your posture and balance.
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Well I have done it from the begining and love it you really should try it one full time if its not for you then do cardio. It does help you with balance and being more felxable its up to you. I do yoga today and love it...
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I felt the exact same way you did when I first started. I'm on week 7. But, because I believed in the program, I knew there was reason it was there and I was going to conquer it. I had never done yoga before, for all the reasons you mentioned. My first day I was able to get through 20 minutes. The second time, 25 minutes. Then I switched to Fountain of Youth from Beachbody. It's just as hard and good for ya, but only about 55 minutes long. I think for me, mentally knowing that it was only 55 minutes made a difference. After 3 sessions of that, I went back to Yoga X, and now I'm up to 55 minutes of that.

It is hard, but once you learn how to clear your mind and master the moves, you will love it. I actually really look forward to it now. I don't love yoga, but I can tell there is such a big difference in my flexibility, core and mental strength, and I do love that. Plus, I think the yoga helps prevent injury when you are doing all the othe,r sometimes complicated moves.

Set mini goals with the yoga and see how it goes. Good luck!
  • trinityj1
    trinityj1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It is really, really important. Improving balance and flexibility (which it does) will make an impact on your fitness that cannot be overstated. It's great for your core, too and I it always erases my soreness from the week of workouts preceding it.

I don't really understand how people get bored doing it because I find it brutally unforgiving in the first half hour, but you could put some music on while you do it or recite a motto or poetry to either meditate or keep your brain occupied.
  • MightyMom4
    MightyMom4 Posts: 180
    Options
    Thanks Everyone....I'll will keep "Pushing Play" on the YogaX! I'll just have to do my best and hopefully improve each time. I can't wait to see the results after 90 days...kind of weird that I am so excited about this :)
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I hated Yoga X the first 2 months, started to not mind it by the 3rd month, started to actually like it by the 4th month, and from the 5th month till now I love it :) Did wonders for my flexibility and is also a great total body workout.