Hello

Options
I'm new to myfitnesspal and this type of a forum.

The reason I signed up for this website to help me monitor my calories intake because I want to get to my ideal weight of 175. I'm a long way to go considering I'm at 195. I'm trying to change my eating habits, but you know 35 years of make bad food choice is kind of hard to break all at once. I know sugar is one of my issues because I love juices, candy and soda. Cutting out soda is something I have done before but fall of the soda wagon after 6 months. For juices I'm going to start watering down any juice I drink until I can make the complete switch over to just drinking water, but for candy I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Well I think that's enough of blah blah blah from me. Sorry if I bored anyone who read this post.

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am a little bit bored.. j/k

Water the drinks down, extra ice and the diet stuff can help. Get the candy out of your house if you can. If you are like me i REALLY enjoy food. That is my addiction. So if i am chewing gum i wont enjoy it as much and it will help me not eat that piece of candy or chocolate.
    I am new too, just started yesterday. Good luck!
  • phenomeva
    phenomeva Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome! Hopefully you can find some great recipes that will curve the candy cravings. I like to munch frozen fruit :) And I'm sure it's just as bad, but when I really want soda I only get the ones with real sugar and just drink half a can. It's still a lot but it's better than falling off the wagon completely. You can do it though! Friend me if you'd like.
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome good luck you can do it !!! Feel free to add me as one of your friends
    Toni
  • toddles76boston
    toddles76boston Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support and ideas on how help change my eating habits.