I surprised myself yesterday!!

Options
Vans
Vans Posts: 388 Member
I have noticed a shift in my perceptions regarding food. I was out with a friend shopping yesterday and she was eating McD fries......offered me some...I took ONE and actually ended up spitting it out into a napkin- I just could not force myself to eat that fry....and I was absolutely weirded out that I was able to make that decision!!!!
I know this may sound silly to some.....but I just wanted to share:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Vans
    Options
    I have noticed a shift in my perceptions regarding food. I was out with a friend shopping yesterday and she was eating McD fries......offered me some...I took ONE and actually ended up spitting it out into a napkin- I just could not force myself to eat that fry....and I was absolutely weirded out that I was able to make that decision!!!!
    I know this may sound silly to some.....but I just wanted to share:flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Okay. There is NO way I would've been able to do that. Uh-uh. Not me. :noway: A couple of fries wouldn't hurt. But I have to say, my way of looking at food is a lot different than it was at the beginning of the year. Nowadays, I'll look at food and ask myself if it's worth having it or not. My daughter's bf was giving me a hard time last night while they were all eating fried chicken strips and french fries. I took three french fries and nothing else. He starts saying to me "you're not allowed to have that stuff" :grumble: and I just told him I could've eaten more, but I didn't think it was worth it. He didn't get it and I felt like I knew some big secret. :wink: Dumb boyfriend of hers...she needs to kick him to the curb. :grumble:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Did'nt you feel empowered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Vans
    Options
    I dont know what I felt.....My friend just started laughing and I felt really surprised!! Thank you for the replies :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!