peanut butter

Options
2»

Replies

• Michelemybelle
    Michelemybelle Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Find a store where you can grind your own, direct from the nuts....best there is! No additives, no preservatives, nothing but nuts!

There's nothing like fresh ground peanut butter! I get it from the deli in my grocery store (Publix). I'm going to Whole Foods tomorrow to get fresh ground almond butter. Almonds are better for you.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Find a store where you can grind your own, direct from the nuts....best there is! No additives, no preservatives, nothing but nuts!

I agree with everyone that says to get the peanut butter that has only one ingredient....one thing that I would like to add to this is: the ingredient should be "peanuts" NOT "roasted peanuts." This is harder to come by but it does exist in the health food store. roasted peanuts are not bad for you like all of the addatives in other peanut butters however, the roasting process does change their composition and make them slightly less nutricious. For example: veggies are real good for you however, raw veggies are better! Same goes for nuts! when nuts are not processed they are loaded with healthy fats and oils that are great for you body!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    And it's really tasty. It does have to be stirred, but there are worse things...

put it upside down in the fridge and it stirs itself! After the first use put it in the fridge rightside up and you shouldn't need to stir it again! :)
  • brittany7621
    Options
    I LOVE PB2! I use it in my smoothies in the morning for extra protein and flavor! It also comes in chocolate.