Hey im new

Options
Hey im new my name is Heather ,Well im not really new i used to have this and then i stopped using it..but now i back and i hoping to get lots of support because i have a bad habit of quiting dieting.. well im 20 and my goal is to lose 40 pounds ..thanks :)

Replies

• ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the fold and good luck!
  • johhnnee
    johhnnee Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey I am new as well any tips??
  • Gaynorronsdale
    Options
    I'm new also so Hi!!
  • Tacosmamma
    Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like to call it a lifestyle change.... Diets dont work but when you change your thinking and habits, you will be successful
  • johhnnee
    Options
    :smile:
  • johhnnee
    Options
  • dcbaby9
    dcbaby9 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm new here too....good luck with your goals!
  • loveliisa
    loveliisa Posts: 47
    Options
    Heyy good luck.. I'm just starting out on this site as well! I'm 19 looking to lose about 15lbs! We'll see how that goes.. I'm afraid I love food too much
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone!
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I like to call it a lifestyle change.... Diets dont work but when you change your thinking and habits, you will be successful

Soooo true :bigsmile:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I will add you for extra support/encouragement.
  • geezie013
    geezie013 Posts: 9
    Options
    Good luck. I am sure you will reach your goal with a little determination and support like this!
  • smartmama4
    smartmama4 Posts: 30
    Options

Welcome everyone! I couldn't have said this myself! I too have been on the "diet" roller coaster. Until you decide to make a lifestyle change, you will continue on that roller coaster! It's not easy, but there are a lot of amazing people on this site!
  • ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Remember - it's a marathon, not a sprint. I know that's been said a million times on here, but trust me. You have to be patient.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! good luck to you newbies! Its a great place. Its addicting so dont be surprised when you realize your work is suffering ! :-)
  • Tacosmamma
    Tacosmamma Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Welcome everyone! I couldn't have said this myself! I too have been on the "diet" roller coaster. Until you decide to make a lifestyle change, you will continue on that roller coaster! It's not easy, but there are a lot of amazing people on this site!

I started in Sept 2008 when I really started trying at 240 pounds. I got down to 164 by January of 2009... I slowly gained back 21 pounds. In dec 2010, I decided to start journaling again and I struggled. In March 2011, I refocused and have since lost 15 pounds and 16 since total since December. I even have my mom doing it with me and we support each other!
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather, Maybe the problem is you are dieting and the word "die" is in dieting. You should consider calling your change something else...like life change, new life, new way of eating, anything else and alter your food to be something you can live with for a life time. We all have similar challenges...whether be childhood weight issues, after babies weight, stress weight, after highschool weight and the list goes on and on. You just have to decide today that you will do whatever it takes to reach your goal and do what is needed to stay there...set realistic goals and give yourself non-food rewards. My name is Alicia and I was small most of my life until I had children, but they can no longer be my excuse because they are 17 and 8. So I decided last year to get myself back and last year I lost 55 pounds... this year I plan on losing 50 to 55 more and I've had several challenged and hit several plateaus. I believe that you rejoining myfitnesspal is great and I hope you get all the support you need. ;-)
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome
    You can add me if you like;-)
  • daddeeo
    daddeeo Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • basschick38
    basschick38 Posts: 12
    Options
    I just joined a few weeks ago myself! It's a cool website and a great tool for tracking your meals and fitness. It has really helped me see where I've screwed up or what I need to tweak in my routines. Stick with it! Good luck.