Running Question

Options
Whenever I ran outdoors (usually at the local college's track) I ran at least 2 mi. I've decided to add 2 additionally laps every week . Here's the problem, I only time my run when I'm on the treadmill. When I'm on the track, my only focus is counting the laps to ensure I ran the miles that I set for myself. I've tried to remember to look at the time once I start but by the time I finish I've forgotten what time I started. I don't want to guess because I'm trying to ensure I'm as accurate as possible. How do I convert the milage on this site since all of the cardio data entering is geared towards minutes not miles? Or do I just simply need to invest in a stop watch?

Replies

• cutterlm
    cutterlm Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey runner girl,

You should probably get yourself a sports watch. I bought a Timex Ironman ladies watch on Amazon about three years ago, and it is still going strong. I think it was around 30 dollars or so. It will do lots of things for you, and you can even use it to help you keep track of your laps.

Hope this helps some!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I second what cutterim said, but for today, if you are in a bind, I would just go by what you usually run on the treadmill speedwise (or maybe slightly slower).** It shouldn't make too much of a difference.

** meaning if you ran 2.5 miles and you usually set the treddy to 6 miles per hour (10 minute miles) put 25 minutes into the database....does that help?
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    found a link: http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/calories.shtml
    about to try it out and see what I get.
  • NeNe3244
    NeNe3244 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanx! I'll just fork over the $ and buy one a little later this week. I appreciate the help :smile:
  • NeNe3244
    NeNe3244 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile: