Pudding with Almond Milk?

Options
LemonCitron
LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
Hey guys,

I know it's not good for you but has anyone ever tried making cooked pudding with almond milk?

Does it boil without burning? Any other uses for almond milk besides putting it in your cereal and oatmeal?

Thanks! :D

Replies

• bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I've never used almond, but I've used soy milk just like cow's milk with no problems, and I've seen Mark Bittman (cookbook author) suggest subing almond milk for cow's milk- I'm thinking it should work- just keep a close eye on it?
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing this morning, as I just tried almond milk for the first time. I was thinking a healthy shake or smoothie, but pudding.....I'll have to look into that too.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I dont know if it would set. I know making it with soy milk doesnt set, so I'm assuming it wouldnt with almond milk either. Almond milk isnt really "milk" , it just has that milky consistency. I'm pretty sure its just finely ground pureed almonds mixed with water.
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just found this - although it doesn't use a mix.

http://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od/custardspuddings/r/chocpudding.htm
  • amyakj
    amyakj Posts: 21
    Options
    I only use almond milk. i have tried making the instant pudding with it and that didn't work so i just can't eat that anymore. it was still too runny but i have never tried cooking it. i would google it if i were you.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Don't know about pudding but almond milk taste great with my protein powder!

Almond milk is so yummy! I drink the 60 calorie one. I think it's supposed to be better than milk and soy.
  • LemonCitron
    LemonCitron Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't know about pudding but almond milk taste great with my protein powder!

Almond milk is so yummy! I drink the 60 calorie one. I think it's supposed to be better than milk and soy.

I LOVE the Unsweetened Vanilla. 40 calories a cup. CRAZY AWESOME!! :D
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have to try the unsweetened one!
  • kellyfultz
    kellyfultz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i use the unsweetend with my shakeology - i prefer it over skim milk & coconut milk. can't beat the 40 calories per serving either!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I've used it and it is fine but the coconut milk is so much tastier IMO!