Almost 30 pounds lost

Options
2»

Replies

• mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yep me too!! Even people who know I'm working out and dieting won't comment at all....It's very hard for me especially since I'm so hard on myself anyway...sometimes it would just be a little confidence booster when you can get a compliment without dragging it out of someone!!
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Because they are jealous. Keep your chin HIGH and keep on doing what you are doing. That is AWESOME on your weightloss!!!!

I'm with Shannon completely...pure jealousy!!! Sometimes people are jealous, sometimes they think they've said it once and that is enough, and sometimes there are others constantly say 'you've lost weight again'!

Don't give up! Keep your chin up and keep on trucking!!!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate... I want people to notice that I've lost weight too. It does make us feel good when someone says something about our weight loss. I wear a uniform to work (I'm in the Navy), so I kinda figure that they can't tell so much.

I do agree with what a couple people said about coworkers/friends maybe thinking it would be rude to comment on how much weight you lost. It's definitely a possibility. Could also be jealousy b/c they are not doing something about their own weight...

Oh, and my husband has also lost about 40 lbs and gets comments ALL THE TIME! I have no clue why that is such a common theme here.

Just remember that on MFP you have plenty of support and friends that notice your hard work and weight loss. Keep up the Good Work!!!

-Nicole
    5491367.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

5'4"
    SW: 184lbs
    CW: 158lbs
    GW: 135lbs
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    First great job! How long did it take to lose the 30? The reason I ask is that if it took a while then maybe some just simply havent been paying much attention. However, I would get my feelings hurt too. But keep your head up and keep on working and in no time they will realize!

Thank you! It took me 5 months. I had a bit of a set back when I quit smoking a month and a half ago, but it's pretty steady.
  • SunLove8
    Options
    FANTASTIC work!
    I too have dealt with that - at 108 pounds lost - I got my first comment at 90 pounds lost and only then because I threw on an old shirt that was 3 sizes too big and someone said "wow have you done something lately?" lol and :sigh:

You are doing a great job and I'm so pleased that the MFP community has been there for you!!!

I finally realized that the ONLY person who had to notice was me ;) and thank goodness I now can :)

Congrats on losing 108 pounds, that is awesome! I can't believe nobody "noticed" or at least said anything until you lost 90 lbs. WOW, you are doing great!
  • SunLove8
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE! I love this site so much, if it wasn't for the support I got on here I don't think I'd be as successful. I've normally always been then but after I got married I ate way to much and sat on my butt a lot due to school and gained 40 lbs. I got the highest weight I ever was and it wasn't until I saw a picture of myself and got asked if I was pregnant by a 8 year old did I finally realize how bad it was, lol!
  • Mamoune
    Mamoune Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, I lost 30 pounds and no one said a thing. Playahaters!