HG's Fiber-Fried Chicken Strips

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
Finger Lickin' Good!
Why should onions and shrimp have all the fun? Maybe chicken wants to bathe in Egg Beaters, roll around in Fiber One crumbs and bake to a mouthwatering crunch, too! Woohoo -- it's yet another fake-fried swap from your pal HG. Skeptics surrender; buy a box of Fiber One and blend it up, already! Then fool the family, dupe your date, and more importantly, trick your OWN tastebuds!

Ingredients:

6 oz. Tyson (or another brand**) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (raw); cut lengthwise into 5 strips

1/2 cup Fiber One cereal

1/4 cup Egg Beaters, Original

1/4 tsp. Lawry's Garlic Salt

pepper (to taste)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Add Garlic Salt and pepper to crumbs. Place crumbs in one small dish and Egg Beaters in another. Next, coat raw chicken strips with Egg Beaters and then with crumb mixture. Place strips on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Spray a light mist of nonstick spray on top of strips and place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes, and then turn strips over. Add another light mist of nonstick spray and cook for an additional 8 - 10 minutes (until chicken is fully cooked and Fiber One looks crispy). Enjoy! Serves 1.

Serving Size: 5 pieces (entire recipe)

Calories: 240

Fat: 3.25g

Sodium: 805mg

Carbs: 26g

Fiber: 14g

Sugars: 0.5g

Protein: 42.5g

*4 Points

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    Finger Lickin' Good!
    Why should onions and shrimp have all the fun? Maybe chicken wants to bathe in Egg Beaters, roll around in Fiber One crumbs and bake to a mouthwatering crunch, too! Woohoo -- it's yet another fake-fried swap from your pal HG. Skeptics surrender; buy a box of Fiber One and blend it up, already! Then fool the family, dupe your date, and more importantly, trick your OWN tastebuds!

Ingredients:

6 oz. Tyson (or another brand**) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (raw); cut lengthwise into 5 strips

1/2 cup Fiber One cereal

1/4 cup Egg Beaters, Original

1/4 tsp. Lawry's Garlic Salt

pepper (to taste)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Add Garlic Salt and pepper to crumbs. Place crumbs in one small dish and Egg Beaters in another. Next, coat raw chicken strips with Egg Beaters and then with crumb mixture. Place strips on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Spray a light mist of nonstick spray on top of strips and place in oven. Cook for 10 minutes, and then turn strips over. Add another light mist of nonstick spray and cook for an additional 8 - 10 minutes (until chicken is fully cooked and Fiber One looks crispy). Enjoy! Serves 1.

Serving Size: 5 pieces (entire recipe)

Calories: 240

Fat: 3.25g

Sodium: 805mg

Carbs: 26g

Fiber: 14g

Sugars: 0.5g

Protein: 42.5g

*4 Points
  • curlhair
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for posting this :) i'm always looking for ways to trick my taste buds!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome:bigsmile: