First day here...suggestions?

Options
Hey Everyone! This is my first day on this site and according to my calorie counter, I have 208 calories for the rest of the day. Anyone have any suggestions for a very light dinner? Thanks!

Replies

• aladyp67
    aladyp67 Posts: 1
    Options
    When Im low on calories, I just close out on a bowl of Cheerios with fat-free milk. :smile
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    Progresso light soups some of them the whole can is 160 calories.
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Any thing with alot of vegetables and do a little excercising and you could get more calories back if you are worried about going over. Good luck
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Brown Rice and steamed veggies or whole wheat pasta with Stemed veggies.... not the most tasty but it will fill ya up :)
  • TigerBlood72
    TigerBlood72 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Salad with a small amount of light dressing and a albacore tuna pack
  • iSteakers
    iSteakers Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome! (I'm fairly new also). I use this site a lot looking for meals. here is all of their 200 calories and under section. Or go for a walk or something to burn some calories if you need some extra :) good luck!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Cooking/Low-Calorie/200-Calories-or-Less-per-Serving/ViewAll.aspx
  • 17Sharon
    17Sharon Posts: 1
    Options
    My first day too. Lot's of veggies.
  • AdrianCountsToo
    Options
    When I am low on calories left, I do the elliptical for an hour, then I can eat a decent meal :)
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Those are all great suggestions. I'd like to add that you shouldn't worry if you go over by 100 or so. As long as you are close to your recommended calories by the end of the day. Or, you can do what I do. If I don't have many calories left but I know I want to eat a decent portion, I'll go for a power walk. Then I can happily eat an extra 100 or so calories. ;c}
  • jennw912
    jennw912 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes get a small work out in if I havent worked out already. Maybe you could take a quick walk for 30 mins or so. That can usually burn up to 200 calories! Exercise is the best way to not use up all your calories at lunch or snacks!
  • ksthompson74
    Options
    Exercise and get calorie points!! Once you log your exercise, you will get credits for those calories that you burned towards your eating calories bank : )

Another suggestion: Don't get discouraged, just keep logging in and being accountable, it will work and be true and honest to yourself. We are all here to support you!!!!

Good Luck!!

Friend me if you like for extra support: ksthompson74

Yayyyyy for US!!!
  • GingerPerez99
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sparrow22
    sparrow22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Exercise and get calorie points!! Once you log your exercise, you will get credits for those calories that you burned towards your eating calories bank : )

Another suggestion: Don't get discouraged, just keep logging in and being accountable, it will work and be true and honest to yourself. We are all here to support you!!!!

Good Luck!!

Friend me if you like for extra support: ksthompson74

Yayyyyy for US!!!

Exercise and get calorie points! Love the idea^^
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Cut green beans - you can eat plenty of them for 100 calories
    Pickles are practically calorie-free as well
    I agree that you could probably take a quick brisk walk to get some more calories burned for the day so that you can have a slightly bigger meal..
    Definitely don't worry about going over by a few calories, just keep at it. Every day that you're eating less and living healthier is progress by itself..
    -Nicole

5491367.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter