Hormonal Imbalance--Anyone Else Feel Crazy?

Options
The last couple of days I've felt really off. I have a lot of things changing all at once and I feel like my body is rebelling. I actually started running again, I started a new job that has completely thrown off my sleep schedule (there wasn't one before and now there is), I've been seriously sticking to my calorie regime, and because it's summer and I live in a college town, the few friends I had during the year have all left, and my boyfriend's working a ton of hours. I've been spending a huge amount of time alone.

I know that this is a lot for my body to handle, but for the last few days I have had a really hard time falling asleep because I get mini panic attacks whenever I try. Before it was only at night, but this morning I went out to breakfast with a co-worker and started freaking out right at the table. I managed to play it out until she left and I went home, but it really scared me. I need to know if anyone else has gone through something like this and is there something I can do to regain my balance?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Replies

• sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Try some yoga, even hot yoga or tai chi. It will help to center you. I have learned to really appreciate breath in those classes and the power of breathing in and out slowly is like none other!

Maybe some soothing tunes to help you fall asleep? Chamomile tea to relax you?

Hang in there!!!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to see your doctor ASAP before it all gets way out of hand. Best to catch it early, and get a blood test to check all of your hormones. I also suggest checking out some great blogs: Think Simple Now, and The Happiness Project are both great!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    You really should seek professional help. Not trying to be rude. But, what you are going to receive from this forum is merely opinions and not going to help with your problem. Because what causes on person to have a panic attack, may not be the same for the other.

I am sorry to hear about your situation and I have some degree of knowledge in the mental health field, my husband is a counselor, but I am no professional by no means. At first, I thought you might have a little Monophobia, but you say you have had a panic attack while eating breakfast with a friend. There may be more to the story. A professional would know the right questions to ask. Not so sure if it is a hormonal imbalance. Could be though, hormones a funny things.