Heart Rate Monitors????

Options
2»

Replies

• elyssiam
    elyssiam Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oh great - just bought my Timex and have used it for two days - I thought the calorie burn was rather high...
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It's really not worth the expense without a chest strap. I have a Polar FT7 and love it, it's accurate and I fell asleep in the HRM strap the other day it's really comfy.

You can machine wash the new ones or just rinse them out.
  • gingerOHsnap
    Options
    I have a New Balance with a chest strap and I love the strap. It takes a HR without the strap, but with the strap it is much more accurate and you can barely tell you're wearing it.
  • Lizzybugz
    Lizzybugz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think the concensus is the Polar! I am going to research and get one soon! =)

Lizzy
  • deemuffie
    deemuffie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well I just ordered a hrm Polar..I am excited to get it...Thanks for all the posts ..
  • cneal007
    cneal007 Posts: 5
    Options
    Polar has a couple different versions of their chest strap. My wife and daughter perfer the one that doesn't have the plastic part the extend towards your arms. The battery secion is about 3" wide and the rest if soft strap. It's a little more expensive but they get a better fit.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Oh great - just bought my Timex and have used it for two days - I thought the calorie burn was rather high...

Did you by the unisex one? Thats the one I bought and it's no good.

I used my FT7 doing an interval program while on the elliptical today and while my calorie count seemed way high, I checked with one of the personal trainers and he said he thought it was about right but maybe a little high. So nothing is totally perfect but its better then a timex.
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi there, was about to buy a polar when the sports shop lady put me off and said you have to have the transmitter changed when you change the battery at great cost, what other options do I have?

thanks
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Hi there, was about to buy a polar when the sports shop lady put me off and said you have to have the transmitter changed when you change the battery at great cost, what other options do I have?

thanks

That lady is wrong. You can change the battery on the transmitter and the watch yourself.

What do you mean by having the transmitter changed? Does she mean that you need to send in to polar to get the battery changed or do you need a whole new transmitter?
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That lady is wrong. You can change the battery on the transmitter and the watch yourself.

What do you mean by having the transmitter changed? Does she mean that you need to send in to polar to get the battery changed or do you need a whole new transmitter?
    [/quote]

Sorry I was not sure what she was talking about...maybe wants to sell me some obscure brand!
  • jlanab
    jlanab Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    anyone know about sport line HRM's?