Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-In December 16

Options
We are coming to a close on another weekend. One more week. One more weekend. And then - we are at Christmas! I have SO much to do between now and then (well, actually Friday when we leave for Washington state.) The one thing I need to continue to push into my busy, busy days is my exercise. It's easy to say I don't have time but you know, it's for your health - there has got to be time for that! Keep it up everyone! YOU are ALL doing a fantastic job! *\o/*

Yesterday I had another day of mall walking (I really don't normally shop so much but my husband is working on a final for one of his master's courses and it's much easier for him to concentrate without the boys around). Anyway, the BEST part of this mall trip was that I bought myself 3 new pair of size '12 petite' pants! I went into the mall in size '16 short' pants so I was SO excited. Hoping to keep going down but I couldn't keep my other pants up and needed something new! I also rode my bike for 15 minutes at 75% heartrate before I crawled into bed. I didn't want to ride at all but thought about the 'exercise for at least 10 min' thoughts from yesterday and when I was adjusting the time on my bike to 10, I stopped it on 15 instead. I figured it was better than none!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Push yourself today to do something a little extra. (Talking to me too!)
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    We are coming to a close on another weekend. One more week. One more weekend. And then - we are at Christmas! I have SO much to do between now and then (well, actually Friday when we leave for Washington state.) The one thing I need to continue to push into my busy, busy days is my exercise. It's easy to say I don't have time but you know, it's for your health - there has got to be time for that! Keep it up everyone! YOU are ALL doing a fantastic job! *\o/*

Yesterday I had another day of mall walking (I really don't normally shop so much but my husband is working on a final for one of his master's courses and it's much easier for him to concentrate without the boys around). Anyway, the BEST part of this mall trip was that I bought myself 3 new pair of size '12 petite' pants! I went into the mall in size '16 short' pants so I was SO excited. Hoping to keep going down but I couldn't keep my other pants up and needed something new! I also rode my bike for 15 minutes at 75% heartrate before I crawled into bed. I didn't want to ride at all but thought about the 'exercise for at least 10 min' thoughts from yesterday and when I was adjusting the time on my bike to 10, I stopped it on 15 instead. I figured it was better than none!

Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I managed to do all the stuff I said I would do for the spring challenge (the challenge kinda disappeared, but it's still in my mind). I did 45 min walk - with three minutes of jogging in there - most of it on an incline. I did 30 minutes of yoga and practiced arm balances - wow, it's been awhile. I did a 30 minute balance ball tape that was supposed to be for upper body strength - hmmm - lets just say I'm going to the gym today to do weights.

My younger (by a bunch) sister is coming into town next week. I'm taking her to that kick your butt strength class - have to see if it only kicks my butt. She's in better shape than I am.

Congrats, Nicole. I hope to have that happen to me soon. I carry a large part of my weight in my thighs/hips so it takes a long time for me to go down a size.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Just got done hiking up my back hill with a backpack loaded with hot thermos's filled with tea and coffee and a bag of homemade donuts( proud to say I've only eaten one since I made them:bigsmile: ) and cups for my daughter's boyfriend, his dad and my hubby. I did it in half a foot of snow and it's still coming down. They are building a chimney in their future home in this snow storm the east is getting.Then I jogged it down. I don't think that is alot of exercise but it's better than none and I will be shoveling later:grumble: I have candy to make as presents today, I know it's not healthy but the people I am giving it too won't care, they just like sweets. So I am making peppermint bark. And I promise not to eat any :bigsmile: Then this afternoon my daughter and I want to try a new belly dancing video she bought. Shimmy shimmy. ~Karen
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I'm spending my "snowed in" day baking with my four-year old son. We have made muffins, fudge(three kinds), oatmeal scotchies & gingerbread men. I'm happy to say that I didn't even lick a spoon! My exercise today will be in the form of shoveling as soon as the last "man" is out of the oven...:bigsmile:
  • sschrock
    sschrock Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Congrats to everyone keeping up with their exercise regimen's.

I live in the south, so I have no snow to shovel ! Glad on the one hand, sad on the other because it's a good way to get in some exercise. It is REALLY cold and windy here today (Tennessee) so a walk outside isn't feasible. I might try to do my "Dancing with the Stars" workout video later. I did walk around the mall yesterday though.

I had to weigh and measure at Curves on Friday. Proud to say I"m down to 257.5 and lost 2.5 inches from my waist and 2 from my hips!! :smile: I haven't seen the 250's in at least 2 years! About 10 more pounds and I'll be able to go down a pants size! Yee-ha!:happy:

Merry Christmas!
    Sherry
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just did 45 minutes of "intermediate" yoga DVD. Yikes. Very wobbly, falling over almost. I'm sure all that readjusting burned extra calories:wink:

Had a thirty minute walk this morning in about 15 centimeters of snow. Very glad for my apartment-living-don't have to shovel lifestyle today.

Take care all, stay warm and keep moving!:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options

Niccole

You have dropped four sizes, thats fantastic, don't we always do a little shopping for ourselves at christmas, and for you you have a really good excuse....my pants wont stay up....I'm not buying myself presents, it's neccessity! LOL
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragment yesterday, I've got to be more flexible with my all or nothing attitude towards exersicing, some IS better than none.

I ended up walking at a moderate pace for an hour watching a movie before my night shift and a bit of incline as well, and I was suprised at the amount of calories I actually burned, I didn't think it would be worth just going for a walk, boy I was wrong, now I know, every little bit helps, Thanks

Anne