I can be successful, right?!

Options
So, today's my first official day with MFP and so far so good. I just put in my profile, recorded my meals so far today, and went for a 20 minute walk at lunch time. I wish I could feel this optimistic all the time.

Replies

• cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    welcome. do this day by day with small goals. It makes it reachable!!
  • Anne89
    Anne89 Posts: 1
    Options
    yes, welcome! the day by day definitely helps, even if you aren't exactly the way you want to be that day, start again. i find it's helping overall, but i'm just "restarting" too. but the small goals, yes, i find i need to keep that in mind all the time. and then i feel so much better!
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    YES!

Remember how good it felt today, how positive you feel about making those better choices and the buzz of doing some exercise. Write it down if you need to then every time you waver read it, remind yourself of your optimism and positivity you have and remember that you can, and ARE, doing this. If something doesn't go how you hoped then learn from it, use your weakness' to become stronger.
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think the optimism multiplies. You do the right thing, and you feel optimistic. So you keep doing the right thing!
    Best of luck with it, you'll be great :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! You can!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    You can definitely be successful. Just take it one step at a time.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    what do you mean I can be successful right?? You ALREADY are successful-- you signed up--you made changes--you took the first step. congratulations and good luck on your journey of single days--dont get ahead of yourself--one day at a time!!!!
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP(As it's lovingly called by fellow members),

Well your making the first step, ¬your on here with the intent to lose weight. While this site is great and the people are great, this site can only do so much, it’s up to you to do it.

You can do it, it’s not easy but the things that are worth it aren’t easy. But, they’re well worth it in the end!

You will feel optimistic, especially as long as you see that scale go down! Which you will.

I would also recommend on doing some kind of exercising. Exercising of some sort is almost mandatory, losing weight can be done without exercising, but it will take at least twice as long and not as effective.

Exercising can be as simple as walking, which is always a good one, take the family dog for a walk(if you have one, if not take the next best thing, your husband. It's good alone time and summer is coming up.)

I’d recommend start to read or research whatever you want to call it. You don’t have to be an expert on the matter, but you will get to know a lot about food and nutrition and exercise.

Good luck on your goals!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can be. Absolutely!

Just keep logging. For me this is the key - even if I eat more that I should or don't exercise or drink too much wine, I log it all. Often I'm surprised that what seems like a big binge is still under my maintenance calories. And some weeks I don't lose weight but now I've been at it for 4 months I can see a pattern of loses and gains so I know that it will happen if I stick to it.

Good luck!
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This place is awesome. I agree with the others, small goals with the final goal in sight. remember we are all worth this. We are worth getting healthy for. We are worth feeling good about our food choices and our bodies. We are worth SUCCESS. My Army son has this saying he uses incessently ' GREAT SUCCESS!' he is saying it to the smaller things in life like catching a fish or scoring a good deal. I am stealing it and I am happy to say that every day I can end my day saying 'GREAT SUCCESS!' because I tried. because I took control. because I am choosing to not live in a way that makes me not want to look in the mirror. So, looking forward to many small successes for you and all of us on MFP! rock on girl- you can do this!
  • CelticRob23
    Options
    Yes you can be successful. You have a great start and need to just keep with it. I started using mfp in February and started it with 2 female friends. They have both lost over 15lbs each. We check up on each other to encourage each other. It helps to have friends working with you. Just keep your self honest when using mfp and make sure log everything daily. We use mfp sort of like a game. I can eat this, but I need to work out x amount of time. I used running as my activity and have met my goal and still use it to maintain. Find your activity you like and use it as your subtraction for calories you get to burn. My recommendation is to tell mfp you want to only lose 1lb instead of 1 1/2 or 2, so you do not get discourage at how much you can eat.
    I wish you well in attaining your goal.
  • sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    You can be successful and this site will help. it helps keep me focussed all the time.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    YES!!! You can be successful!

When I started, I wasn't very optimistic. But through a lot over the past 10 months, I've stuck with it thanks to MFP. Never thought I could be where I'm at. Keep asking questions and learning, perusing the forums for good ideas and motivation, and don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up a little. Oh, and celebrate every "little" accomplishment along the way!

Good luck to you!!!