Is it possible to 10 lbs in 17 days?

Options
has anyone had success with getting the right water, eating the right calories and excersing (450-500 calories per day for 4-5 days per week) in getting 10 lbs off in just about 3 weeks?

Replies

• Tgeorge
    Options
    has anyone had success with getting the right water, eating the right calories and excersing (450-500 calories per day for 4-5 days per week) in getting 10 lbs off in just about 3 weeks?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Its sure possible. Just keep in mind that a fair portion of that was excess water. Now that that is gone, your rate of loss will slow down, but as long as you keep at it you should still lose! Congratulations!!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    In 11 days I lost 10 pounds and in 21 days I lost 20 pounds.... It started off very very fast (recently gained 20 extra pounds, and did a FULL 180 with my diet.) Too fast really, but that's what happened to me.
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    TELL ME!!! Whats the secret to losing that much weight so fast?
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Well, I started off with 124lbs to lose. Had just gained 20-30 pounds in the few months prior (so usually if you have a lot to lose you lose a lot at first, the same with just recently gained weight) and I went from eating 4-5-6,000 calories a day (2 meals being fast food or eating out) to 1,300 calories a day, fruit and veggies (which I never ate before). It was a MAJOR lifestyle change.

I would never expect anyone to be able to do it, and my doctor wasn't too thrilled with it (well, she thought it was amazing, but way to fast) and it really screwed up my gallbladder.
  • daking1970
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks. Before everyone flips their collective lids, it was under my docs supervision and drug free.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

It is possible but honestly, it's not going to be possible for you. If you weighed 300 pounds and were looking to lose 150 pounds, 10 pounds in 3 weeks could very well be a possibility (though not in every case). For someone your size (similar to my current size), looking to lose just 10 pounds. Well, you're looking at a long hard road. It's because you are already at a relatively healthy weight. Each pound off will be a struggle. You can reach your goal, but take your time. There's no rush! This is not a race. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I think its great!!! My problem is I have a set down job and when I get home I have a hard time finding energy to move.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

It is possible but honestly, it's not going to be possible for you. If you weighed 300 pounds and were looking to lose 150 pounds, 10 pounds in 3 weeks could very well be a possibility (though not in every case). For someone your size (similar to my current size), looking to lose just 10 pounds. Well, you're looking at a long hard road. It's because you are already at a relatively healthy weight. Each pound off will be a struggle. You can reach your goal, but take your time. There's no rush! This is not a race. Good luck:flowerforyou:

look how skinny you loook Kerri. You look fantastic! Good for you!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    :blushing: My bad. I read the ticker wrong - thought it said 10 lbs lost and you had already lost the 10 lbs in 3 weeks. Oops - sorry. Yeah - if you managed it, it would be completely unhealthy and not recommended. Slow and steady wins the race - fast losing usually results in fast gaining!
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    i lost 10pounds in 7days
    but thats because i did all watermelon
    for everymean and snack
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    i lost 10pounds in 7days
    but thats because i did all watermelon
    for everymean and snack

Oh my...

Yea, eating something that's purely water and sugar for a week will definitely result in a lot of water and muscle loss. :wink:

It's certainly possible to lose 10 lbs in 17 days, although the vast majority would be water and glycogen (stored blood sugar). It'd come right back once you started eating carbohydrates and drinking enough again, and of course it wouldn't be healthy or aid in fat loss. The exception has already been pointed out--those who would be considered at extreme risk because of their weight will generally lose quickly on VLCD under a doctor's supervision.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

look how skinny you loook Kerri. You look fantastic! Good for you!

Thank you Banks! You just made my day :bigsmile: :blushing: