Lose one pound a day!

Can I lose one pound per day if I eat really well, avoid too many carbs and sugars, and work out a lot? I don't want to gain it all back either. I need to lose at least 5 pounds by next week!

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Can I lose one pound per day if I eat really well, avoid too many carbs and sugars, and work out a lot? I don't want to gain it all back either. I need to lose at least 5 pounds by next week!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I don't want to gain it all back either.

If you don't want to gain it all back, you must go slowly. And, the less you have to lose, the slower you will lose it.

:flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    It is a very dangerous stunt to attempt. You would have to stop eating and exercise many hours to even come close to losing a pound a day. A pound is 3500 calories. So you MIGHT be able to lose a pound a day if you DON'T eat, which accounts for a minimum of 1200 calories, and burn 2300 exercise calories.

Good luck.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    listen to the expert above. =) at 85 lbs lost, she knows what she's doing.

1 lb a day is just too much anyway.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Of water maybe. But after the extra water is gone, the answer is a RESOUNDING NO!!!! No way, nope, Uh uh, nyet, non!

And it's very unsafe to even make the attempt. 1 lb a WEEK is tough enough and probably too much for someone with only 15 lbs to lose. 1 lb a DAY? No way Jose!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    banks is absolutely right! don't attempt this.

Sorry, but no good luck wishes from me. please try to achieve your weight loss the healthy way. you'll have a better chance of maintaining and your body will appreciate it.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    The 'good luck' was facetious.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    The experts above are correct. the answer is NO. Think of it, 1/2lb-1lb lost per week is hard enough. You'd literally have to eat nothing AND excercise vigorously CONSTANTLY. It just won't happen.
  • If you find out how to lose 1 pound a day without starving yourself and putting your health in danger, I'll buy the secret off you!!

Do it the healthy way girl, your body will appreciate it and it won't all pile back on in a few days. :drinker:

...but seriously if you find out that secret lemme know :grumble:
  • bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    The weird thing is, whenever I start eating healthy and working out a lot I tend to lose that much. Then, I gain it back and start eating really unhealthy foods. I'm just afraid it is not healthy at all.
  • OK, first of all, why do you need to lose 5lbs by next week?

I compete in a weight controlled sport and I used to drop 4-5 lbs in the week before a competition, mostly food and water weight though. It's almost impossible to lose fat in such a short space of time. Plus, once you start eating properly again you store everything as fat. (Dang Starvation Mode!! :angry: :laugh: )
  • Just curious... why in the world do you have to lose 5 lbs in a week anyway... is 5 lbs really gonna make a huge difference. Just from looking at your pics I don't think you need to be worried about you weight...at least not as worried as you seem to be. I don't mean to fuss or judge or anything... when I was in highschool and I weighed what I think now would be the perfect weight, I always wanted to lose weight... Anyways... just curious what was so important that you would be willing to put your health in danger...
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    i think the ebola virus might work :tongue:

listen to these folks they know what they're talking about!! :happy:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    i think the ebola virus might work :tongue:

listen to these folks they know what they're talking about!! :happy:

LOL, oh, If you get Mono you could. That happened to a good friend of mine.

He was 17 Years old, weighed 240 and was about 6'1", got mono, and 2 months later
    was a svelt 195 (ok, maybe not svelt, he was sickly and looked like complete hell, and had no muscle tone). He basically had enduced bulemia for 2 months cuz every time he tried to eat he puked for like 3 weeks, they had him on IV fluids for a while. Crazy.