Out to eat- TGI Fridays

RichGebs
RichGebs Posts: 345
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
hey guys, I am going tout to eat at TGI Fridays tonight and I wanted to know what would be the best choice for me to choose for my meal? I have looked On the website but I'm still not sure. Maybe some of you could give me some opinions?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    A side salad?! I can't think of a single healthy thing at TGIs.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Yeah, I went there a couple of weeks ago and had trouble finding something reasonable. There is a decent salmon dish, dragonfire or something like that, but maybe get it without the sauce...
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    the soup or salad with strawberries!!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    go to their web site and look at their nutrition guide
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    I love their green beans. You can tell they are steamed or prepared in a healthier way. They are yummy though. I think they have half meals as well. Less portion wise, but I know you're probably trying to get more quantity for quality, so I'd go with a salad, no cheese, dressing on the side. Or you could get cheese on the side and only put a bit on. You could always work off a lot of cals and eat whatever. Have fun and enjoy. :drinker:
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    TGIF is one of the most UNhealthy chains in the U.S. Wish I had better news for you. Stick to salad - dressing on the side?
  • sarick84
    sarick84 Posts: 21
    The Dragon Fire Chicken is decent. Im not fond of the rice, but it also comes with broccli. Total Cals. 437
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member
    what about some sort of turkey wrap or sandwich? just ask for wheat bread, no bacon if it contains that, and mayo on the side so you can control how much is on it.

also for a side maybe some fruit or a salad
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    A side salad?! I can't think of a single healthy thing at TGIs.

Yeah and not only that TGI Friday's won't post online the nutrition information of their foods. I have written to them and had an excuse that each store buys their own product locally to come up with the menu items and therefore would not be able to make that list.

But here is what I get. I have the Classic Wedge Salad and then ask for them to make me a piece of Baked Salmon. Not bad but your right, not much at TGI that is good.
  • There's a chicken dish on the menu that is less than 500 calories for the meal. I can't remember the name, but it comes with jasmine rice - something dragon??? I think that was it.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. Their nutrition information is incredibly difficult to find - its not actually on their website yet - but if you ask the server when you get there, they can provide you with a flier of their Right Portion Right Price meals. They're each under 750 calories. That's about the best you can do though. :)

Oh, and stay away from the Parmesan Crusted Chicken Salad - although it's a salad, it's OVER the top in calories.
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Last time I went I had the Turkey burger and sweet potato fries. Sad to say the turkey burger was terrible. NOTHING on it. no cheese even.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    I went there a week back (UK) and chose the shrimp salad. This was before I started MFP (just joined yesterday). Ir was a big salad with clementines in. The shrimp were on a skewer and in Jack Daniels marinade, which is probably laden with fat. But on the whole I thought it was the best choice there!
  • Thanks for asking, you reminded me I have a gift card for TGIF. If you go to Livestrong.com, and search TGIF, you will find an extensive listing of calories and other funfill facts - fats, protiens, etc... Hope this helps and have fun.:happy:
  • caser9
    caser9 Posts: 6 Member
    I love the new flatbread...its an app...it fills me up and I think the veggies taste great...each slice is like 70 calories and I think it comes with 6...so out the door with 420
  • olson0827
    olson0827 Posts: 4 Member
    I don't think they give you the actual calorie content, but I thought they had a new under 750 cal section. I think they have a dragonfire chicken that is on it. Also, try ordering off the kids menu or asking for your veggies with no butter. I was suprised to learn that Outback uses butter to grill their chicken breast! Good luck!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    My favorite is the Jack Daniels Grilled Chicken Sandwhich.
    Ditch the bread and ask for all the condiments on the side so that you can control how much goes on. It's a really good sandwich.... and enough for 2 meals!
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    when i was there i got the caribbean passion something or other salad. without the chicken/fish. i estimated it to be 200 or so calories. it could have been more with the dressing, but w/e.
  • olson0827
    olson0827 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm SHOCKED at the number of salads I am finding over 1000 calories at restaurants!!!! :oS
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Jack Daniels Grilled Chicken. I *love* the Jack Daniels sauce! Numerous places peg it at "around 500 calories", which for a restaurant meal isn't bad.
This discussion has been closed.