Ketonic Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    My doctor has put me on the Ketonic Diet, I haven't actually really started it yet, I am kind of putting it off which is the story of my life I think. I am supposed to eat 500 calories of Protein a day for the first week, and that's it. I am worried that this will put me in to starvation mode. Has anybody tried this before and if so what kind of success have you had? Any advice here?

No, you won't go into starvation mode. It takes longer than 1 week to go into starvation mode.

I am currently on a ketogenic plan.

Check out www.marksdailyapple.com as it is ketogenic but your eating way more than 500 calories per day.

I stand corrected. I would trust this person's advice. She rocks!

:love: :love: :love:

Thank You!!!

You are very welcome. Parts of me are still trying to stay connected to CW but I'm learning fast!!!

Not me, LOL..............I left CW wisdom alone for the most part years ago when I found out I had Diabetes and went on Atkins. The turn around of getting off all the meds due to eating whole foods got me reading, researching and taking action. :flowerforyou:
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    My doctor has put me on the Ketonic Diet, I haven't actually really started it yet, I am kind of putting it off which is the story of my life I think. I am supposed to eat 500 calories of Protein a day for the first week, and that's it. I am worried that this will put me in to starvation mode. Has anybody tried this before and if so what kind of success have you had? Any advice here?

No, you won't go into starvation mode. It takes longer than 1 week to go into starvation mode.

I am currently on a ketogenic plan.

Check out www.marksdailyapple.com as it is ketogenic but your eating way more than 500 calories per day.

I stand corrected. I would trust this person's advice. She rocks!

:love: :love: :love:

Thank You!!!

You are very welcome. Parts of me are still trying to stay connected to CW but I'm learning fast!!!

Not me, LOL..............I left CW wisdom alone for the most part years ago when I found out I had Diabetes and went on Atkins. The turn around of getting off all the meds due to eating whole foods got me reading, researching and taking action. :flowerforyou:

I should have said "she Grocks!!" If I could I would give up ALL carbs but I know we need our veggies (and some fruits) for the nutrients they provide. At least I think we do.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I like veggies so I will always eat them!!! I think the green, orange, yellow and red veggies are the best for us. I limit fruit more and more that I go along..........

My body is beginning to crave only green veggies, meats and fats. YIPPPPEEEEEE