looking for support and advice!

bethany611
bethany611 Posts: 4
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone.....i've been dieting for about 2 1/2 weeks....i've lost 6 pounds. I went from drinking about a 2 liter of pop everyday to now drinking none at all. I've also been eating very health. Does anyone have any advice on dietary supplements or vitamins? also...i'm looking for support so feel free to add me!

Replies

• dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Welcome and well done on your weightloss so far, I am trying to avoid supplements and increasing my fruit and veg intake, I have sent you a friend request :happy:
  • GNC makes a great supplement, Women's Ultra Mega + Energy and Metabolism.
  • Solomonre0
    Solomonre0 Posts: 143 Member
    Multi-vitamin (just one of those "one-a-day" things) and fish oil, maybe calcium and iron depending on what you need (?)
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    The only supplements I'd suggest are a good multivitamin and an Omega 3 & 6 supplement (if you don't get enough from things like salmon, which not many people do). Apart from those, I don't think anything else is really necessary.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    I take a multi-vitamin daily and extra vitamin C...based on what my doctor has told me to do. I do not recommend taking any kind of supplements without prior doctor approval.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    GREAT job on the weight loss!! You can add me for support. :happy:
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    i take one a day woman, a vitamin d3 and omega 3-6-9 and a calcium-mag-potassium pill for my RLS....otherwise my husbad will kick me out of the bed...lol
  • squeaktones
    squeaktones Posts: 195 Member
    my doctors nurse recommended the smart pack of adult gummy vitamins from sam's club. it comes in a package 5 gummy bears. it a multi vitamin, omega 3, calcuim, vitamin d and a b6/b12 combo. they have 50 calories per pack but taste really good. i use it as my candy fix.
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Grats on your weight loss so far... and welcome.
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Friend request sent :)
  • leshagen
    leshagen Posts: 36
    Cutting out soda from your diet is a huge step to eating healthy, congrats! I too had to break the diet-soda-habit a couple of years ago and never looked back. I don't know much about supplements, other than to tell you to do your research and find something made specifically for women. Thank goodness for google :) I am new also, so please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • EAGER1
    EAGER1 Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I have just started slimming world and I am determined to lose weight and re-gain my life back, I would really appreciate as much help and support as i possibly can get, so please feel free to add me.

Good luck to everybody on their weight loss journey. x
  • AdGalicia
    AdGalicia Posts: 84 Member
    Hi Bethany, I have been using this site for 3 weeks and lost 7 lbs, I still have a long way to go. Congrats on the weight loss!! Im gonna send you a friend request.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Women often need extra iron and calcium (get the one with Vit.D)
    You look young enough so you might not need fishoil yet depending on family history.
    Well done and keep going:wink: all the very best
This discussion has been closed.