Newbie from the UK

Options
Hi All

I have been on MFP for nearly two weeks, I was using it on my iphone and just realised there is a forum when I used my PC today!

I fell into a routine of overeating and being underactive - no great suprise that I have put on a lot of weight. Hence I have developed a couple of small health problems which are weight related. Realised the other day that I should treat myself better and get in shape and eat less to enjoy life more.

I wear plus size clothes so it would be fabulous to go into Primark and get a load of bargains and not worry if they will fit! I am 39 next month so I want to be fab and fit at forty. My other aim is to do jogging as a form of keeping fit and toned once I am slimmer. I have bought myself a second hand treadmill and I walk on that twice a day at the moment.

My main failure is I tend to just fall off being on a diet one minute I am enjoying it, loving the exercise then all of a sudden it is months later and I am doing nothing again - maybe I suffer from diet amnesia.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend please do - looking foward to chatting with others and offering help and support.

Gillian :0):drinker:

Its nice to hear about other peoples goals and good tips

Replies

• fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It took 11 weeks of exercise before it became a habit for me. I do at least half an hour on a stationary bike most nights and add another hour of Wii Sports tennis, bowling and boxing twice a week. Do something fun and you will enjoy it more. Checking the success stories regularly will keep you focussed and motivated too.
  • CJG85
    CJG85 Posts: 9
    Options
    I find group exercise works for me and it works for most people Its more fun and there is instruction so you know your doing it right. It would however be handy to have a friend that you can go with to start. It took me a year to make it a habit and I can easily fall out of it if I get too busy. That's when I overeat or eat the wrong things. Its really hard but If you can find a friend who's really into it it'll make you more determined however that was a matter of luck for me.

I need to buy a treadmill too, it'll be good for those busy times.

Good Luck x