Attention all Clean Eaters...

Options
Ladydi1982
Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
Hello,

I recently bought the book "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Clean Eating" and was hoping to find some friends on here who have adopted this lifestyle. Your tips and advice for someone, like me, starting out would be most welcome. My biggest problem right now (and I know I shouldn't call it a problem per se) is my husband. He is fully supportive of everything I do, but when I asked if he would change his eating habits with me, he was pretty reluctant. This is making the whole "Purging Process" a bit difficult. I am looking forward to eating cleaner and greener.

Friend me to help keep us all on track....

Diana :flowerforyou:

Replies

• crissa413
    crissa413 Posts: 67
    Options
    Sending request now!!
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I sent a request.

I should also add that my husband isn't on the healthy eating/exercise band wagon with me. It's not too bad though because I do most of the shopping. ;c} So he's stuck with what I buy and what I make. (I also do most of the cooking.).

So, yes, you can take good care of yourself even if your significant other refuses to.
  • kellylou1367
    kellylou1367 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm good at eating clean and natural, I will admit I don't do it all the time but I can do it when I put my mind to it. I have a load of detox recipe books and I just look for recipes in my other cookery books what are made from natural ingredients, I've just made a lovely spicy tomato sauce (made using fresh tomatoes not tinned) with prawns and brown rice, I make a really nice sweet potato balti curry too. I'll add you and at the weekend I'll type up some of my recipe ideas and send them to you on here.
  • Sheena04
    Sheena04 Posts: 6
    Options
    Sending request now, I still struggle with this, Its hard to eat clean when your hubby has all the yummies in the pantry! :) Just stay focused, its hard ...I slip up every now and then too. Just get back on track & we can all keep each other motivated!
  • fadedflower79
    fadedflower79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I too have very recently decided to try clean eating on most days (not all) so I would be interested to review food journals if any of yours are available! I have been horrible this week though because I am TDY and we have been eating out and having a few drinks after work!! Next week I will return to my balanced clean eating habits!!!
  • Ladydi1982
    Options
    I sent a request.

I should also add that my husband isn't on the healthy eating/exercise band wagon with me. It's not too bad though because I do most of the shopping. ;c} So he's stuck with what I buy and what I make. (I also do most of the cooking.).

So, yes, you can take good care of yourself even if your significant other refuses to.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately for me my husband works for a grocery store so he's always coming home with the groceries. He does try to help me out by buying the things I ask him to, however, it doesn't stop him from bringing home the cookies and chips. I did tell him this morning that if he is going to buy junk, he better make sure its stuff that I don't like lol...
  • amberlilies
    amberlilies Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i started a "detox" 2 1/2 weeks ago using the guidelines on this website:

http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/4-week-makeover

it's not really a detox in the traditional sense--eating some crazy diet of maple syrup and celery--so much as it's a jump start into a "clean eating" plan. it's great because it's equipped with recipes to go along with each phase of the plan. starting off, my husband and i were on our own for breakfast and lunch, but he ate what i made for dinner; a direct quote: "if i had a choice between this and a steak, i'd choose this," and that was one of the recipes from the site. then he decided on his own to give up caffeine. then he was asking me what he should have for breakfast and lunch to be healthier--pretty interesting when you lead by example.

anyway, i've been doing phase 1 of the plan since i started, and i lost almost 8 pounds in 2 weeks, which is crazy for me. calories have been the same as when i usually diet and lose a pound/week. the choices seem to be making a much bigger difference than calories ever did.
  • Ladydi1982
    Options
    I'm good at eating clean and natural, I will admit I don't do it all the time but I can do it when I put my mind to it. I have a load of detox recipe books and I just look for recipes in my other cookery books what are made from natural ingredients, I've just made a lovely spicy tomato sauce (made using fresh tomatoes not tinned) with prawns and brown rice, I make a really nice sweet potato balti curry too. I'll add you and at the weekend I'll type up some of my recipe ideas and send them to you on here.

Thanks! I will be looking forward to all recipes and ideas!
  • Ladydi1982
    Options
    Sending request now, I still struggle with this, Its hard to eat clean when your hubby has all the yummies in the pantry! :) Just stay focused, its hard ...I slip up every now and then too. Just get back on track & we can all keep each other motivated!

Thanks, Sheena! We're here to keep each other focused, right? :flowerforyou:
  • Ladydi1982
    Options
    Hello!! I too have very recently decided to try clean eating on most days (not all) so I would be interested to review food journals if any of yours are available! I have been horrible this week though because I am TDY and we have been eating out and having a few drinks after work!! Next week I will return to my balanced clean eating habits!!!

Definitely! My journals have been iffy the past week or so. I have been bad by not fully journaling (if at all!) But from now on, feel free to look at my journals and critique or give advice as you see fit. Thanks!
  • missmomma77
    missmomma77 Posts: 42
    Options
    I too will send a friend request.
  • Ladydi1982
    Options
    i started a "detox" 2 1/2 weeks ago using the guidelines on this website:

http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/4-week-makeover

it's not really a detox in the traditional sense--eating some crazy diet of maple syrup and celery--so much as it's a jump start into a "clean eating" plan. it's great because it's equipped with recipes to go along with each phase of the plan. starting off, my husband and i were on our own for breakfast and lunch, but he ate what i made for dinner; a direct quote: "if i had a choice between this and a steak, i'd choose this," and that was one of the recipes from the site. then he decided on his own to give up caffeine. then he was asking me what he should have for breakfast and lunch to be healthier--pretty interesting when you lead by example.

anyway, i've been doing phase 1 of the plan since i started, and i lost almost 8 pounds in 2 weeks, which is crazy for me. calories have been the same as when i usually diet and lose a pound/week. the choices seem to be making a much bigger difference than calories ever did.

Awesome! Thanks for the link. Sounds like a fantastic start to eating clean!