Tonsillectomy -Need food

Options
Hey Everybody!

I got my tonsils out about 2 weeks ago and I am finally starting to feel normal again. I wasn't able to eat much of anything so I lost just over 15 lbs over that time frame. I would love to keep that weight off but I know I lost it at an unhealthy rate, so right now my goal is to get my body back to normal. Anyways, my throat is still terribly sore, I am taking longer to heal than most and I need to start eating healthy again and get my body the nutrients it needs! Does anybody have any recommendations for foods that are both nutritious and soft for someone like me dealing with this terrible pain? Also, I have had enough jello, pudding, and instant breakfast-type items to last me awhile!

Thank you for your help!

Replies

• aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    soups
    if you can't manage bits of veg.. try blitzing it up with a blender
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Smoothies, maybe? I often use Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer in my smoothies. Google it & be astounded by the vitamins, nutrients, protein, etc that it contains. It's a powder & you could get it in sample sizes at any health food store. If i couldn't eat whole food & wanted healthy stuff that was easy on a sore throat, i'd use that.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Have you considered protein smoothie/shakes? I've read where people put all kinds of healthy stuff in them...spinach, fruit, greek yogurt, etc...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    smoothies, soup, super steamed veggies, mashed potatoes, baked custard with protein added (I had it with hemp protein as a hot breakfast this morning), Greek yogurt/plain yogurt
  • hamsmash
    hamsmash Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    just cook up whatever tasty balanced meal sounds good, and then BLEND IT. WHEEE!!!