Not fun, but need to rant...

Options
So I cannot find anyone around here (and by this I mean locally) in the dating world, I've been talking to people through a dating site off & on for a couple of years. I'll find someone, we'll talk, nothing will happen, I'll find someone local. Then the local guy will turn out to be a douche, and I'll go back to the site. Recent drama with an ex-boyfriend led me back down this path. I met this really great guy, he & I have been talking & planned to meet this coming weekend. What happens? He thinks he blew the head gasket in his car, has to cancel (more than likely) this weekend. I wouldn't be so down about it, but the last guy I talked to online kept making excuse after excuse not to meet, and we never did, so I finally gave up (hence the recent drama with the ex-bf). I'm just so irritated; I was so excited about meeting him, and am trying so hard to move on, meet new people, look forward instead of past, etc etc. Now I feel like I've been knocked back a step. I keep reminding myself, he may be telling me the truth, he may not be making excuses, but with what I've dealt with before, it's really hard to keep that mindset.

Not that this is anything anyone particularly wants to read (lol I've been told quite often I'm a hell of a buzzkill), but I needed to rant.

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    If he wants to see you, he'll find a way, gasket or no gasket. If he doesn't want to see you, better to know now.

And there shouldn't be any drama with an ex-bf unless you have children together--they're exes for good reason!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Don`t let the past dictate your future.:smile:

Now you may be right about the car problems being an excuse but would suggest at least giving him the benefit of the doubt once.
    If it happens again then yeah...time to move on.
    Trust me,I do know what it is like and how much it hurts. :flowerforyou:
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Rant away!!! Now, doesn't it feel good to get that out of your system? You are among friends here.
    >Rob
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I'd have that fixed in a day... In high school, I had a guy challenge me to a race, my Camaro vs. his Mustang. I went that day, removed the heads off of my car, port and polished them and reinstalled them. I then returned the next day and smoked his *kitten*.

But enough of my stories... If he wants to see you, he'll get to you any way he can. If it happens twice, probably not coincidence and move on. Also, I don't have luck in this department either. It might help if I went out.
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to look online and wait wait wait. I started having a blast at dating when I made it real. Chatted a few times (just barely enough to make sure the person was not a serial killer) then chose fun dates surrounded with other people : tree climbing, salsa lessons, coffee on the pier, etc. I met great people and even if we didn't have chemistry (or they turned out creepy), I hadn't had the time to make up false expectations in my mind... you know how we are, girls imagine a tons of thing that are far from the truth!!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Girl - I know exactly what you mean! In fact I've been feeling down about this lately myself. I've been single for 3 years now. Tried meeting people IRL, I've used online dating sites, and I've met some seemingly great guys... and then as fast as they came they seem to vanish. I literally write a little column about this on a women's only forum I'm a member of, chronically my ups and downs of dating. It's tough. It's frustrating. But I keep reminding myself that if it's going to work, it will. Like some of these guys said, if he really wants to see you he'll find a way..and sometimes things do happen, but if it happens a lot, then he's just not that interested (my other forum has a whole thread dedicated to these stories LOL).

Keep your head up, don't lose hope, and just keep living life and being true to yourself... and hopefully soon some fantastic guy will sweep you off your feet and be everything you want and deserve!
  • nirsky
    nirsky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.
    Your number will come.
    Put the city and state you are from in this site, maybe you will find a work out partner, and who knows...maybe more.
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Don't look for love, let love find you! Most of the time it happens when you least expect it. Every time I went out looking I got burned. Then one day my friend of 3 years became more, and now we are getting married. It will happen in time, keep your head up!
  • elleninez
    elleninez Posts: 44
    Options
    Thanks guys...I really appreciate you all listening and supporting me (even with something so...so...teenager-ish! lol)!