what is about 2:00?

Options
Why do I get so hungry around 2:00? Any tips to get past this? Besides giving in and eating chips on the couch?

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Have some protein, like a string cheese or a small handful of almonds.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Its a drop in blood sugar I believe....try getting out and moving, an exercise dvd, or eating a salad or something healthy. Also on some occasions hunger is mistaken for thirst
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I snack all day! Whenever I am hungry I grab something really small. Half an orange, 50 calorie yogurt.... if I'm craving salt (which is normally the case) I grab my baggie of premeasured out Special K cracker/chips (sea salt variety). They kick my craving for chips every time. I put 10 in a baggie - NEVER eat right from the box...you get carried away - and then I know exactly what I had so I can track it. I find that if I avoid something that I am craving, I will eat everything else in sight to satisfy that craving. Make sure you log whatever it is that you are going to eat before you eat it. It may stop you from grabbing something. As your stomach shrinks from using portion control, you shouldn'g be so hungry all the time. Good Luck.
  • hllamaster
    hllamaster Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i keep small oranges around...
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Blood sugar. Try to watch carbs and eat more good protein. Nuts, beans, egg whites. Talk to your Dr. next time you go and tell them to check your A1C levels.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Boy, I'm with ya. Afternoons are tough. I've started drinking a big glass of hot lemon water (yeah, I know: it doesn't sound great) after I read about it at livestrong.com. It really does curb my cravings and appetite and, if what I read is true, has lots of other good benefits too. Here's the link if you want to read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/283171-hot-lemon-water-for-weight-loss/. Hang in there!
  • TaberMrt
    TaberMrt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem! Sometimes a cup of tea with fruit helps the urge---but I agree, a bunch of chops are so much more appealing!