Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My dog and I are trying to lose weight

ydf51
ydf51 Posts: 11
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
First of all thanks to the creator of this site- it's well organized and seems to have addressed all of the possible concerns a person trying to lose weight might have.

I want to introduce myself. I am the proud mother of a poodle mix named Niko. Niko is 4 lbs overweight and from a dog perspective that is like 40 lbs. I also need to lose 40 lbs so we are in this together.

You might think this is easy for the dog since I control what he eats, but I am not 40 lbs overweight by been a disciplined person, so we both need support.

Niko has been helpful as far as the walking is concerned. I am a responsible owner and no matter the weather, I am walk him almost everyday.

I have a hard time losing weight .I exercise more than most people (tennis, walking, tai chi, golf, belly dancing) but when I diet my metabolism stops and I never lose very much- so I tend to get discouraged.

I am enthusiastic about keeping track of what I eat and exercise so I hope this way might be the way for me. I have only doing this a week, no great results yet but hopefully it will help me have the control I lack.

Wish Niko and me good luck.

Replies

• ydf51
    First of all thanks to the creator of this site- it's well organized and seems to have addressed all of the possible concerns a person trying to lose weight might have.

I want to introduce myself. I am the proud mother of a poodle mix named Niko. Niko is 4 lbs overweight and from a dog perspective that is like 40 lbs. I also need to lose 40 lbs so we are in this together.

You might think this is easy for the dog since I control what he eats, but I am not 40 lbs overweight by been a disciplined person, so we both need support.

Niko has been helpful as far as the walking is concerned. I am a responsible owner and no matter the weather, I am walk him almost everyday.

I have a hard time losing weight .I exercise more than most people (tennis, walking, tai chi, golf, belly dancing) but when I diet my metabolism stops and I never lose very much- so I tend to get discouraged.

I am enthusiastic about keeping track of what I eat and exercise so I hope this way might be the way for me. I have only doing this a week, no great results yet but hopefully it will help me have the control I lack.

Wish Niko and me good luck.
  • Welcome to MFP!

What a cute puppers you have!!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    i loved your intro :smile:

warm welcome and good luck wishes to you and niko :flowerforyou:

may
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Welcome and Good Luck! :happy:
  • Good luck to you and your pooch.
    Keep coming back, it works.
  • ydf51
    I see you are a dog lover also. Congrats on losing so much weight. Yvette
  • ydf51
    thanks you and congrats on losing so much weight. I have tended to think I could do anything I really wanted to do but losing weight has stomped me so I am always impressed when someone succeeds in doing it. Yvette
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Welcome to the both of you!
This discussion has been closed.