I need a good HRM!

ktbug82
ktbug82 Posts: 166
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone,

I've been looking into getting an HRM because I've heard such great things about them on here. Can anyone tell me a good brand or where I should be looking for a good one? Any that I should steer clear of?

Thank you!

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Love my Polar FT4, hated my Sportline.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Don't waste your money on an HRM without a chest strap, they are completely useless. I learned the hard way. I forked out $50 for the bowflex fit (no chest strap) and within the same week, after realizing it was useless, forked out another $85 for a good HRM with a chest strap, a Polar FT4. The Polar FT4 is awesome. Any Polar HRM is accurate. I highly recommend it!
  • ktbug82
    Don't waste your money on an HRM without a chest strap, they are completely useless. I learned the hard way. I forked out $50 for the bowflex fit (no chest strap) and within the same week, after realizing it was useless, forked out another $85 for a good HRM with a chest strap, a Polar FT4. The Polar FT4 is awesome. Any Polar HRM is accurate. I highly recommend it!

Where did you end up buying yours from? I've been looking at them online but obviously I'm not sure what to look for haha
  • mrscamel
    mrscamel Posts: 5 Member
    I agree get a Polar. I have the FT7 and I love it! I recommend the FT7 because it utilizes a standard watch like battery and has access for replacement when needed. I have heard on the other styles you cannot.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    The FT4 has user replaceable batteries in the watch and the strap. I got mine on eBay for $70.
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    CallMeMamaBoo Posts: 295
    I agree get a Polar. I have the FT7 and I love it! I recommend the FT7 because it utilizes a standard watch like battery and has access for replacement when needed. I have heard on the other styles you cannot.

DITTO! I LOVE MY Polar FT7!
  • ktbug82
    The FT4 has user replaceable batteries in the watch and the strap. I got mine on eBay for $70.

Thanks for answering!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Steer clear of anything that DOESNT have a chest strap...I own a Polar FT7...I got mine from Best Buy...If you go somewhere, try to get a warranty..that way if something happens, they will replace it!
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Polar FT4! So user friendly i love it!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Agree that a chest strap is a must. I have a Garmin FR60 and LOVE it! Check to see if your town has a local running store or check out www.heartratemonitorsusa.com
  • boudmel
    boudmel Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for starting this thread - I am also looking at getting a good HRM - so far I am leaning towards the Polar brand.
This discussion has been closed.