Is adding a shot of MIO or something similar OK?

Options
Drinking 150 ounces of water can get a little boring for me so I am curious if adding a shot of water enhancer hurts anything? Thanks.

Replies

• rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I just asked my Doc. the same question! He said not at all. Flavored waters and teas still are considered water intake!
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just got the Mio peach tea, and while I'm not sure about the healthy side of it I can say its...meh. Its not great, its not bad, just kinda...meh.

If you want a good peach tea I have tried http://www.honesttea.com/tea/plastic/peach_white/ I rather enjoyed it, though its not quite as convenient as mio.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I just pop a little dash of lemon juice in mine, and it makes it taste better!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    agree it tastes like watered down powerade
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Why not? If it encourages you to drink water, it's better than not drinking water at all IMHO. :)
  • axman19
    axman19 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I tried the peach and hated it, tried the punch and loved it!! Reminded me of being a kid again with a big red koolaid mustache haha.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have the berry something one. I love it!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It has made a huge difference for me in my water intake. My son works for a bottled water company so he is bringing us home a lot of bottled water. Diet cola was my drink of choice before. I don't think I could drink all that water, but when I add the flavoring, I am chosing to drink that over pop now. And you can get drink mixes to help meet certain intake goals, like fiber for example. I like that.
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love plain water but the MIO is a great way to switch it up. I add it to my kids water and they LOVE the berry, fruit punch and watermellon flavor.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I wrote to Kraft when they came out with Mio - ingredients are crap. Nothing natural. What did I expect with Kraft though?

If I want my water to taste like peaches, I'd slice up a peach and toss it in my water bottle. A thousand times better then artificial sweeteners that keep us addicted to sweet stuff in the first place...
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I add vodka to my water. Works for me.
  • axman19
    Options
    I wrote to Kraft when they came out with Mio - ingredients are crap. Nothing natural. What did I expect with Kraft though?

If I want my water to taste like peaches, I'd slice up a peach and toss it in my water bottle. A thousand times better then artificial sweeteners that keep us addicted to sweet stuff in the first place...

Ingredients are crap? Please broaden that. Why, are they bad for me, etc...
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options
    I love love love Berry Pomegranate MiO, even just a couple drops makes my water so much more palatable.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=179516548760320

Propolyne Glycol. Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Call me crazy, but, if I can't pronounce it I don't care to eat it. How hard would it have been for them to use Stevia and Natural Fruit flavor? And, at 4$ for a container, I'd rather just drink plain old water - or toss some fresh fruit in my water bottle if I need a change.
  • axman19
    Options

Call me crazy, but, if I can't pronounce it I don't care to eat it. How hard would it have been for them to use Stevia and Natural Fruit flavor? And, at 4$ for a container, I'd rather just drink plain old water - or toss some fresh fruit in my water bottle if I need a change.

Gotcha, im kinda new to this but those words seem pretty fatty.
  • Ping_A1C2U
    Ping_A1C2U Posts: 91
    Options

Giggling a bit... Dihydrogen Monoxide is also known as H2O, better known as water...
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options

Gotcha, im kinda new to this but those words seem pretty fatty.

Its alright, you don't know until you learn, right? Anyhow - try adding a few leaves of fresh mint, and a lime wedge for a mojiito flavored water, or chunks of frozen fruit like - cherries, watermelon, honeydew melon, strawberries - anything you like will pack a huge flavor punch, and that fruit will last you all day in the bottle - no need to change it out or add more. Just add your fruit the night before, or in the morning before you leave the house. My new favorite water flavor is honeydew and cucumber. REALLY GOOD!
  • axman19
    Options

Giggling a bit... Dihydrogen Monoxide is also known as H2O, better known as water...

UH OH
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options

I just copy/pasted the ingredient list - why wouldn't they just label it water? Regardless, My reasoning still stands.
  • makcarly
    makcarly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I really like the flavors. I have a really hard time drinking plain water but adding just a squirt has helped me reach my water intake goal per day!